Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ie highjacked

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alwilson

alwilson

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 02:26 AM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
Hi. Can anyone help me please. I have problem on windows xp os which takes me to errorplace when in ie browser page. When i run either of the programs "Spybot search and destroy, Spyware Blaster, or Adaware in any order and quarantine the critical results. I can only get to this errorplace page in ie browser version 6. i also lose access to the internet via lan across our jetstream modem.
if anyone could help i would be realy appreciating some help.
my next step is to format harddrive and start again, but i dont want to do this.

having read some of the other articles here im including my log from updated version of highjack this. which i have installed from the directory folder i have created C:\hijackthis.

i also have undone the quarintines from the above mentioned programs to access the internet in effort to fix this problem.

Thanks in advance to anyone that might have the time and knowledge to help me.

cheers Al.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 8:21:27 PM, on 8/11/2004
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\crypserv.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\NISUM.EXE
C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ccPxySvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.nz/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.jafa.net.nz
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = IE provided by JafaNET
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: jimmyhelp.CBrowserHelper - {6A7E1FD9-FDB2-440B-BB38-DA78E8CA34BB} - C:\WINDOWS\nytggcr.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.jafa.net.nz
O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111237} - http://66.117.37.5/1/deaAU147.exe
O16 - DPF: {91433D86-9F27-402C-B5E3-DEBDD122C339} - http://www.netvenda.com/sites/games-nz/nz/games3.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}: NameServer = 202.27.184.3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2004 - 05:44 PM

Hi alwilson and welcome to BC,

It is a good ideea to print or copy these instructions because you are not able to access the Internet in SafeMode.

Make sure you are set to show hidden files and folders:
A. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.
B. Click the View tab.
C. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.
D. Uncheck Hide extensions for known filetypes and Hide protected operating system files.
How to see hidden files in Windows

REBOOT into SafeMode by tapping F8 key repeatedly at bootup: Starting your computer in Safe mode

Run HijackThis!, press Scan, and put a check mark next to all these:

O2 - BHO: jimmyhelp.CBrowserHelper - {6A7E1FD9-FDB2-440B-BB38-DA78E8CA34BB} - C:\WINDOWS\nytggcr.dll

O16 - DPF: {11111111-1111-1111-1111-111111111237} - http://66.117.37.5/1/deaAU147.exe
O16 - DPF: {91433D86-9F27-402C-B5E3-DEBDD122C339} - http://www.netvenda.com/sites/games-nz/nz/games3.cab

Close all other windows and browsers, and press the Fix Checked button.

Search for these files and delete them if found:
C:\WINDOWS\nytggcr.dll <-- this file

Empty the Recycle Bin.

REBOOT normally.

Run HijackThis! again and post a new log.
Everyday is virus day. Do you know where your recovery CDs are ?
Did you create them yet ?

Posted Image

#3 alwilson

alwilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 08 November 2004 - 11:19 PM

Hi cryo.

Thanks firstly for your reply.
I also had to go to work so wasnt able to get back to you sooner with all this.

I have followed your instructions to the letter. including printing out a copy before hand. That was a good idea.
I couldnt find the file C:/windows/nytggcr.dll to delete. i also performed a full scan of both c and f hard drives, including looking in all system and hidden folders for this nytggcr.dll .

Here is the log file results from the reboot using hjt.

Cheers.

Al.

Scan saved at 5:09:26 PM, on 9/11/2004

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.google.co.nz/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.jafa.net.nz
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = IE provided by JafaNET
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AdaptecDirectCD] C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\DirectCD.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccRegVfy] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccRegVfy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - Global Startup: Acrobat Assistant.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\AcroTray.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O4 - Global Startup: SpySubtract.lnk = C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\SpySub.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}: NameServer = 202.27.184.3

Ps. my email used to be al@jafa.net.nz. and no longer have any use for the jafa website. Could i put a check next to: O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.jafa.net.nz and delete this?

#4 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 09 November 2004 - 03:38 AM

my email used to be al@jafa.net.nz. and no longer have any use for the jafa website. Could i put a check next to: O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.jafa.net.nz and delete this?

Yup, fix it.

Log looks clean...great job!

Now that you are clean, please follow these simple steps in order to keep your computer clean and secure:
  • Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and reenable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.

You can find instructions on how to enable and reenable system restore here:

Managing Windows Millenium System Restore

or

Windows XP System Restore Guide

Renable system restore with instructions from tutorial above

• Make your Internet Explorer more secure - This can be done by following these simple instructions:
    • From within Internet Explorer click on the Tools menu and then click on Options.
    • Click once on the Security tab
    • Click once on the Internet icon so it becomes highlighted.
    • Click once on the Custom Level button.
      • Change the Download signed ActiveX controls to Prompt
      • Change the Download unsigned ActiveX controls to Disable
      • Change the Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe to Disable
      • Change the Installation of desktop items to Prompt
      • Change the Launching programs and files in an IFRAME to Prompt
      • Change the Navigate sub-frames across different domains to Prompt
      • When all these settings have been made, click on the OK button.
      • If it prompts you as to whether or not you want to save the settings, press the Yes button.
    • Next press the Apply button and then the OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  • Use an AntiVirus Software - It is very important that your computer has an anti-virus software running on your machine. This alone can save you a lot of trouble with malware in the future.

See this link for a listing of some online & their stand-alone antivirus programs:

Virus, Spyware, and Malware Protection and Removal Resources

• Update your AntiVirus Software - It is imperitive that you update your Antivirus software at least once a week (Even more if you wish). If you do not update your antivirus software then it will not be able to catch any of the new variants that may come out.

• Use a Firewall - I can not stress how important it is that you use a Firewall on your computer. Without a firewall your computer is succeptible to being hacked and taken over. I am very serious about this and see it happen almost every day with my clients. Simply using a Firewall in its default configuration can lower your risk greatly.

For a tutorial on Firewalls and a listing of some available ones see the link below:

Understanding and Using Firewalls

• Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently - It is important that you visit http://www.windowsupdate.com regularly. This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer. If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

• Install Spybot - Search and Destroy - Install and download Spybot - Search and Destroy with its TeaTimer option. This will provide realtime spyware & hijacker protection on your computer alongside your virus protection. You should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software.

A tutorial on installing & using this product can be found here:

Using Spybot - Search & Destroy to remove Spyware , Malware, and Hijackers

• Install Ad-Aware - Install and download Ad-Aware. ou should also scan your computer with program on a regular basis just as you would an antivirus software in conjunction with Spybot.

Using Ad-aware to remove Spyware, Malware, & Hijackers from Your Computer

• Install SpywareBlaster - SpywareBlaster will added a large list of programs and sites into your Internet Explorer settings that will protect you from running and downloading known malicious programs.

Using SpywareBlaster to protect your computer from Spyware and Malware

• Update all these programs regularly - Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT be protected when new malicious programs are released.
Follow this list and your potential for being infected again will reduce dramatically.

Glad I was able to help.

Posted Image

#5 alwilson

alwilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2004 - 12:44 AM

Hi cryo.

Well the errorplace problem has gone. Yay to that, very apriciative for fixing that problem. Thank you for help so far.

I still am however plagued by internet explorer & outlook express problems.
Most of the time i cannot access the internet even though i can see that my modem is connected and wont let me access the web.

i have updated all virus protection that i have, in my case norton and run scans, plus all the other apps like Ad-Aware, Spybot & chredder.

i have tried deleting the critical results from these findings and i get absolutly no internet connection as a result. ahhhhh
i dont know what to do.

i have the log files from these apps.
i hope they can be of help. or do i have to format the hard drive......

Ad-Aware SE Build 1.05
Logfile Created on:Friday, 12 November 2004 6:24:37 PM
Created with Ad-Aware SE Personal, free for private use.
Using definitions file:SE1R18 08.11.2004
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

References detected during the scan:
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
BroadCastPC(TAC index:7):1 total references
Holystic-Dialer(TAC index:5):5 total references
MRU List(TAC index:0):38 total references
Possible Browser Hijack attempt(TAC index:3):3 total references
Roings(TAC index:5):4 total references
Tracking Cookie(TAC index:3):18 total references
Win32.Adverts.TrojanDownloader(TAC index:6):2 total references
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Ad-Aware SE Settings
===========================
Set : Search for negligible risk entries
Set : Safe mode (always request confirmation)
Set : Scan active processes
Set : Scan registry
Set : Deep-scan registry
Set : Scan my IE Favorites for banned URLs
Set : Scan my Hosts file

Extended Ad-Aware SE Settings
===========================
Set : Unload recognized processes & modules during scan
Set : Scan registry for all users instead of current user only
Set : Always try to unload modules before deletion
Set : During removal, unload Explorer and IE if necessary
Set : Let Windows remove files in use at next reboot
Set : Delete quarantined objects after restoring
Set : Include basic Ad-Aware settings in log file
Set : Include additional Ad-Aware settings in log file
Set : Include reference summary in log file
Set : Include alternate data stream details in log file
Set : Play sound at scan completion if scan locates critical objects

12-11-2004 6:24:37 PM - Scan started. (Smart mode)

Listing running processes
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

#:1 [smss.exe]
FilePath : \SystemRoot\System32\
ProcessID : 364
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:44 AM
BasePriority : Normal

#:2 [csrss.exe]
FilePath : \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\
ProcessID : 416
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:46 AM

#:3 [winlogon.exe]
FilePath : \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\
ProcessID : 440
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:46 AM
BasePriority : High

#:4 [services.exe]
FilePath : C:\WINDOWS\system32\
ProcessID : 484
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:47 AM
FileVersion : 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
ProductVersion : 5.1.2600.2180
ProductName : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
CompanyName : Microsoft Corporation
FileDescription : Services and Controller app
InternalName : services.exe
LegalCopyright : © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
OriginalFilename : services.exe

#:5 [lsass.exe]
ProcessID : 496
FileDescription : LSA Shell (Export Version)
InternalName : lsass.exe
OriginalFilename : lsass.exe

#:6 [svchost.exe]
ProcessID : 640
FileDescription : Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
InternalName : svchost.exe
OriginalFilename : svchost.exe

#:7 [svchost.exe]
ProcessID : 700
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:48 AM

#:8 [svchost.exe]
FilePath : C:\WINDOWS\System32\
ProcessID : 744

#:9 [svchost.exe]
ProcessID : 800

#:10 [svchost.exe]
ProcessID : 868
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:49 AM

#:11 [spoolsv.exe]
ProcessID : 1036
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:50 AM
FileDescription : Spooler SubSystem App
InternalName : spoolsv.exe
OriginalFilename : spoolsv.exe

#:12 [explorer.exe]
FilePath : C:\WINDOWS\
ProcessID : 1140
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:51 AM
FileVersion : 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
ProductVersion : 6.00.2900.2180
FileDescription : Windows Explorer
InternalName : explorer
OriginalFilename : EXPLORER.EXE

#:13 [ccevtmgr.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\
ProcessID : 1224
FileVersion : 1.03.4
ProductVersion : 1.03.4
ProductName : Event Manager
CompanyName : Symantec Corporation
FileDescription : Event Manager Service
InternalName : ccEvtMgr
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2000-2002 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.
OriginalFilename : ccEvtMgr.exe

#:14 [crypserv.exe]
ProcessID : 1240
BasePriority : High
FileVersion : 5.4.0
ProductVersion : 5.4
ProductName : CrypKey Software Licensing System
CompanyName : Kenonic Controls Ltd.
FileDescription : CrypKey NT Service
InternalName : crypserv
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2000
LegalTrademarks : CrypKey
OriginalFilename : crypserv.exe
Comments : Operates in all directories, not just configured ones. Directory configuration only used for fille clean up and uninstall. 0/3 fixed problem with other partitions. 0/6 fixed problem with short paths

#:15 [navapsvc.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\
ProcessID : 1312
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:52 AM
FileVersion : 9.05.1015
ProductVersion : 9.05.1015
ProductName : Norton AntiVirus
FileDescription : Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service
InternalName : NAVAPSVC
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2000-2002 Symantec Corporation. All rights reserved.
OriginalFilename : NAVAPSVC.EXE

#:16 [nisum.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\
ProcessID : 1340
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:52 AM
FileVersion : 6.02.2003
ProductVersion : 6.02.2003
ProductName : Norton Internet Security
FileDescription : Norton Internet Security NISUM
InternalName : NISUM
OriginalFilename : NISUM.exe

#:17 [directcd.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Adaptec\Easy CD Creator 5\DirectCD\
ProcessID : 1460
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:53 AM
FileVersion : 5.3.5.10
ProductVersion : 5.3.5.10
ProductName : DirectCD
CompanyName : Roxio
FileDescription : DirectCD Application
InternalName : DirectCD
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2001-2003, Roxio, Inc.
OriginalFilename : Directcd.exe

#:18 [ccapp.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\
ProcessID : 1516
FileVersion : 1.0.10.006
ProductVersion : 1.0.10.006
ProductName : Common Client
FileDescription : Common Client CC App
InternalName : ccApp
OriginalFilename : ccApp.exe

#:19 [realsched.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\
ProcessID : 1592
FileVersion : 0.1.0.3208
ProductVersion : 0.1.0.3208
ProductName : RealPlayer (32-bit)
CompanyName : RealNetworks, Inc.
FileDescription : RealNetworks Scheduler
InternalName : schedapp
LegalCopyright : Copyright © RealNetworks, Inc. 1995-2004
LegalTrademarks : RealAudio™ is a trademark of RealNetworks, Inc.
OriginalFilename : realsched.exe

#:20 [zlclient.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\
ProcessID : 1632
FileVersion : 5.1.033.000
ProductVersion : 5.1.033.000
ProductName : Zone Labs Client
CompanyName : Zone Labs Inc.
FileDescription : Zone Labs Client
InternalName : zlclient
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 1998-2004, Zone Labs Inc.
OriginalFilename : zlclient.exe

#:21 [ctfmon.exe]
ProcessID : 1640
FileDescription : CTF Loader
InternalName : CTFMON
OriginalFilename : CTFMON.EXE

#:22 [teatimer.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\
ProcessID : 1656
BasePriority : Idle
FileVersion : 1, 3, 0, 12
ProductVersion : 1, 3, 0, 12
ProductName : Spybot - Search & Destroy
CompanyName : Safer Networking Limited
FileDescription : System settings protector
InternalName : TeaTimer
LegalCopyright : © 2000-2004 Patrick M. Kolla / Safer Networking Limited. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
LegalTrademarks : "Spybot" und "Spybot - Search & Destroy" sind registrierte Warenzeichen.
OriginalFilename : TeaTimer.exe
Comments : Schützt Systemeinstellungen vor ungewollten Änderungen.

#:23 [acrotray.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Distillr\
ProcessID : 1684
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:54 AM
FileVersion : 5, 0, 0, 0
ProductVersion : 5, 0, 0, 0
ProductName : AcroTray - Adobe Acrobat Distiller helper application.
CompanyName : Adobe Systems Inc.
FileDescription : AcroTray
InternalName : AcroTray
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2001
OriginalFilename : AcroTray.exe

#:24 [svchost.exe]
ProcessID : 1692

#:25 [spysub.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\InterMute\SpySubtract\
ProcessID : 1732
FileVersion : 1, 0, 1, 49
ProductVersion : 2.60
ProductName : SpySubtract
CompanyName : InterMute, Inc.
FileDescription : SpySubtract Program EXE
InternalName : SpySub.exe
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 2004 InterMute, Inc. All rights reserved.
OriginalFilename : SpySub.exe

#:26 [vsmon.exe]
FilePath : C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZoneLabs\
ProcessID : 1808
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:55 AM
FileVersion : 5.1.033.000
ProductVersion : 5.1.033.000
ProductName : TrueVector Service
CompanyName : Zone Labs Inc.
FileDescription : TrueVector Service
InternalName : vsmon
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 1998-2004, Zone Labs Inc.
OriginalFilename : vsmon.exe

#:27 [ccpxysvc.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\
ProcessID : 1944
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:57 AM
FileVersion : 6.02.2003
ProductVersion : 6.02.2003
ProductName : Norton Internet Security
FileDescription : Norton Internet Security Proxy Service
InternalName : ccPxySvc
OriginalFilename : ccPxySvc.exe

#:28 [symwsc.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\
ProcessID : 1984
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:32:57 AM
FileVersion : 2005.1.2.20
ProductVersion : 2005.1
ProductName : Norton Security Center
FileDescription : Norton Security Center Service
InternalName : SymWSC.exe
LegalCopyright : Copyright © 1997-2004 Symantec Corporation
OriginalFilename : SymWSC.exe

#:29 [msmsgs.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Messenger\
ProcessID : 1108
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:33:01 AM
FileVersion : 4.7.3000
ProductVersion : Version 4.7.3000
ProductName : Messenger
FileDescription : Windows Messenger
InternalName : msmsgs
LegalCopyright : Copyright © Microsoft Corporation 2004
LegalTrademarks : Microsoft® is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
OriginalFilename : msmsgs.exe

#:30 [alg.exe]
ProcessID : 2364
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:33:22 AM
FileDescription : Application Layer Gateway Service
InternalName : ALG.exe
OriginalFilename : ALG.exe

#:31 [msimn.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\
ProcessID : 2688
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 4:33:39 AM
FileVersion : 6.00.2900.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)
ProductVersion : 6.00.2900.2180
FileDescription : Outlook Express
InternalName : MSIMN
LegalCopyright : © 2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
OriginalFilename : MSIMN.EXE

#:32 [realplay.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\
ProcessID : 3148
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 5:04:01 AM
FileVersion : 6.0.12.1053
ProductVersion : 6.0.12.1053
ProductName : RealPlayer (32-bit)
CompanyName : RealNetworks, Inc.
FileDescription : RealPlayer
InternalName : REALPLAY
LegalCopyright : Copyright © RealNetworks, Inc. 1995-2004
LegalTrademarks : RealAudio™ is a trademark of RealNetworks, Inc.
OriginalFilename : REALPLAY.EXE

#:33 [ad-aware.exe]
FilePath : C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware SE Personal\
ProcessID : 3884
ThreadCreationTime : 12-11-2004 5:24:27 AM
FileVersion : 6.2.0.206
ProductVersion : VI.Second Edition
ProductName : Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE
CompanyName : Lavasoft Sweden
FileDescription : Ad-Aware SE Core application
InternalName : Ad-Aware.exe
LegalCopyright : Copyright © Lavasoft Sweden
OriginalFilename : Ad-Aware.exe
Comments : All Rights Reserved

Memory scan result:
New critical objects: 0
Objects found so far: 0

Started registry scan

Holystic-Dialer Object Recognized!
Type : Regkey
Data : hol4
Category : Malware
Comment :
Rootkey : HKEY_USERS
Object : .DEFAULT\software\local appwizard-generated applications\hol4756812

Comment :
Object : S-1-5-18\software\local appwizard-generated applications\hol4756812

Comment :
Object : S-1-5-19\software\local appwizard-generated applications\hol4756812

Comment :
Object : S-1-5-20\software\local appwizard-generated applications\hol4756812

Comment :
Object : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\local appwizard-generated applications\hol4756812

Roings Object Recognized!
Data :
Comment :
Rootkey : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Object : software\roimoi

Win32.Adverts.TrojanDownloader Object Recognized!
Data :
Comment :
Object : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\program info

Win32.Adverts.TrojanDownloader Object Recognized!
Type : RegValue
Data :
Comment :
Object : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\program info
Value : ClientID

Registry Scan result:
New critical objects: 8
Objects found so far: 8

Started deep registry scan
Possible Browser Hijack attempt : SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}NameServer202.27.184.3

Possible Browser Hijack attempt Object Recognized!
Type : RegData
Data : "202.27.184.3"
Comment : Possible Browser Hijack attempt
Object : SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}
Value : NameServer
Possible Browser Hijack attempt : SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}NameServer202.27.184.3

Object : SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}
Possible Browser Hijack attempt : SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}NameServer202.27.184.3

Object : SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}

Deep registry scan result:
New critical objects: 3
Objects found so far: 11

Started Tracking Cookie scan

Tracking Cookie Object Recognized!
Type : IECache Entry
Data : al@as-us.falkag[1].txt
Category : Data Miner
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@as-us.falkag[1].txt

Data : al@casalemedia[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@casalemedia[1].txt

Data : al@centrport[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@centrport[1].txt

Data : al@cgi-bin[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@cgi-bin[1].txt

Data : al@cgi-bin[3].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@cgi-bin[3].txt

Data : al@cgi-bin[4].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@cgi-bin[4].txt

Data : al@cs.sexcounter[2].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@cs.sexcounter[2].txt

Data : al@ehg-idg.hitbox[2].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@ehg-idg.hitbox[2].txt

Data : al@fastclick[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@fastclick[1].txt

Data : al@hitbox[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@hitbox[1].txt

Data : al@hypercount[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@hypercount[1].txt

Data : al@paycounter[2].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@paycounter[2].txt

Data : al@questionmarket[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@questionmarket[1].txt

Data : al@server.iad.liveperson[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@server.iad.liveperson[1].txt

Data : al@toteme[2].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@toteme[2].txt

Data : al@trafic[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@trafic[1].txt

Data : al@tribalfusion[1].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@tribalfusion[1].txt

Data : al@xxxcounter[2].txt
Comment :
Value : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Cookies\al@xxxcounter[2].txt

Tracking cookie scan result:
New critical objects: 18
Objects found so far: 29

Deep scanning and examining files...

Disk Scan Result for C:\WINDOWS

Disk Scan Result for C:\WINDOWS\system32

BroadCastPC Object Recognized!
Type : File
Data : temp.fr1A69
Comment :
Object : C:\DOCUME~1\Al\LOCALS~1\Temp\

Type : File
Data : temp.fr6DA6
Comment :
Object : C:\DOCUME~1\Al\LOCALS~1\Temp\
FileVersion : 1.00
ProductVersion : 1.00
ProductName : Project1
CompanyName : df
InternalName : unstall
OriginalFilename : unstall.exe

Disk Scan Result for C:\DOCUME~1\Al\LOCALS~1\Temp\
Objects found so far: 31

Scanning Hosts file......
Hosts file location:"C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts".
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Hosts file scan result:
1 entries scanned.
New critical objects:0
Objects found so far: 31

MRU List Object Recognized!
Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\nico mak computing\winzip\filemenu
Description : winzip recently used archives

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\adobe\photoshop\7.0\visiteddirs
Description : adobe photoshop 7 recent work folders

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\applets\wordpad\recent file list
Description : list of recent files opened using wordpad

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\applets\paint\recent file list
Description : list of files recently opened using microsoft paint

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\runmru
Description : mru list for items opened in start | run

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\search assistant\acmru
Description : list of recent search terms used with the search assistant

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\comdlg32\opensavemru
Description : list of recently saved files, stored according to file extension

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\comdlg32\lastvisitedmru
Description : list of recent programs opened

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\explorer\recentdocs
Description : list of recent documents opened

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\office\10.0\excel\recent files
Description : list of recent files used by microsoft excel

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\office\10.0\powerpoint\recent file list
Description : list of recent files used by microsoft powerpoint

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\adobe\adobe acrobat\5.0\avgeneral\crecentfiles
Description : list of recently used files in adobe acrobat

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\player\recentfilelist
Description : list of recently used files in microsoft windows media player

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\internet explorer\main
Description : last save directory used in microsoft internet explorer

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\realnetworks\realplayer\6.0\preferences
Description : list of recent skins in realplayer

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\internet explorer
Description : last download directory used in microsoft internet explorer

Location: : software\microsoft\directdraw\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft directdraw

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\microsoft management console\recent file list
Description : list of recent snap-ins used in the microsoft management console

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\player\settings
Description : last save as directory used in jasc paint shop pro

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\preferences
Description : last cd record path used in microsoft windows media player

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\internet explorer\typedurls
Description : list of recently entered addresses in microsoft internet explorer

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\directinput\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft directinput

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\mediaplayer\player\settings
Description : last open directory used in jasc paint shop pro

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft direct3d

Location: : software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft direct3d

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\realnetworks\realplayer\6.0\preferences
Description : list of recent clips in realplayer

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\applets\regedit
Description : last key accessed using the microsoft registry editor

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\macromedia\flash 5\recent file list
Description : list of recently used files in macromedia flash

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\directinput\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft directinput

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\macromedia\dreamweaver 4\recent file list
Description : list of recently used files in macromedia dreamweaver

Description : last login time in realplayer

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft direct X

Location: : software\microsoft\direct3d\mostrecentapplication
Description : most recent application to use microsoft direct X

Location: : .DEFAULT\software\microsoft\windows media\wmsdk\general
Description : windows media sdk

Location: : S-1-5-18\software\microsoft\windows media\wmsdk\general

Location: : S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\software\microsoft\windows media\wmsdk\general

Location: : C:\Documents and Settings\Al\Application Data\microsoft\office\recent
Description : list of recently opened documents using microsoft office

Description : list of recently opened documents

Performing conditional scans...

Data :
Comment :
Object : software\ssprint

Type : RegValue
Data :
Comment :
Object : software\ssprint
Value : ider

Conditional scan result:
New critical objects: 2
Objects found so far: 71

6:26:48 PM Scan Complete

Summary Of This Scan
Total scanning time:00:02:10.703
Objects scanned:60419
Objects identified:33
Objects ignored:0
New critical objects:33

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1645522239-448539723-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

GoInDirect: RAS profile (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\RemoteAccess\Profile\Go In Direct

GoInDirect: RAS profile (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\RemoteAccess\Profile\Go In Direct

--- Spybot - Search && Destroy version: 1.3 ---
2004-05-12 Includes\Cookies.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Dialer.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Hijackers.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\LSP.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Malware.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Revision.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Security.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Spybots.sbi
2004-05-12 Includes\Tracks.uti
2004-05-12 Includes\Trojans.sbi

Scan saved at 6:42:58 PM, on 12/11/2004

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe
C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\realplay.exe
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

I know its a lot to get through, but will be eternaly gratefull if there is anything there that stands out to you that would be helpfull.

kind regards

Al.

#6 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 12 November 2004 - 04:39 AM

Hi

Object : SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\{CEE7B9D1-8F46-4B81-BFAB-2B5D7CFACB6E}

Is this your ISP ?

inetnum: 202.27.0.0 - 202.27.255.255
netname: NZGATE-NZ
descr: NZ Gate National Service Provider
descr: Component of University Of Waikato
descr: New Zeland

Please check your Connection Settings and DNS. Call your ISP for help.

This is a bug in Spybot Search & Destroy. Ignore it.

Download System Security Suite here:
System Security Suite Download & Tutorial. Unzip it to your desktop.
Install the program. Don't use it yet.

REBOOT into SafeMode.

With all windows and browsers closed.
Clean out temporary and Temporary Internet Files.
A. Open System Security Suite.
B. In the Items to Clear tab thick:
- Internet Explorer (left pane): Cookies & Temporary files
- My Computer (right pane): Temporary files & Recycle Bin
Press the Clear Selected Items button.
Close the program.

REBOOT into normal mode.

There is nothing else suspect in your log.

Edited by cryo, 12 November 2004 - 04:39 AM.

Posted Image

#7 alwilson

alwilson
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:03 AM

Hi Cryo.

I think also there is a hiajck attemps going on as my explorer does not behave at all well, even though the 'errorplace' problem seems to have stopped.

Im not sure how to answer what the isp address for my server is.
But i do know it is from Telecom New Zealand, and the university of waikato seems a little suspicious to me.

ive attached screenshot file to give correct details of my isp settings.

Also the latest log of hjt.

cheers.

al.

Scan saved at 5:50:30 PM, on 15/11/2004

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe

Attached Files

#8 Daisuke

Daisuke

Cleaner on Duty

• Members
  • 5,575 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:09 AM

Most of the time i cannot access the internet even though i can see that my modem is connected and wont let me access the web.

Could be a firewall problem. Check your ZoneAlarm settings and/or disable temporary the firewall. Acces the internet without the firewall and see if the problem persists.

Are you using two firewalls ? Symantec and ZoneAlarm ? Disable one of them and check the firewall settings. Two firewalls will not offer you a better protection.

Call your ISP and check the Internet Connection settings, DNS, and email settings.

There could be also a XP SP2 problem.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users