Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Taking Forever to Bring Up Webpages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 veggiebin

veggiebin

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 PM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hello!

I was wondering if someone could help me. I have been having some difficulties with my (very old) computer, and I think I have solved some of them on my own.

A couple of weeks ago, my computer was getting really hung up over the simplest operations - like cutting and pasting in microsoft office programs. I discovered that I had less than 10% of disk space left on the c: drive, so I deleted some stuff, moved a bunch of stuff over to an external hard drive and after finding that my daughter had over 20% of the memory in her folder, I was finally able to defragment the hard drive - yay! So, my programs are running terrific at the moment.

However, just recently, I have been having difficulties using the internet. For the last couple of days, anytime I try to visit a website, it takes up to five minutes to load, which makes the use of it extremely difficult. I would rather use my phone, which is saying something :). I have run Anti-Malware Bytes with nothing malicious coming up, and I am currently running SUPER Anti-Spyware, just to see if it comes up with anything that the other didn't.

My computer is pretty old, probably circa 2002 or so, and it is running Windows XP with server pack 3 (I believe...). Not sure what else you need to help me, so let me know and I can hopefully answer it for you.

Any help you could offer would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheShooter93

TheShooter93

Cody

• Malware Response Team
  • 4,792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Click Start, then Run.

Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Copy and paste this information in your next post.

-----------------------------------------

Also, how do your webpages load in Safe Mode With Networking?

How to Access Safe Mode With Networking

While the computer is turning on, tap F8 repeatedly until a black screen with white text appears. Using your arrow keys highlight the option Safe Mode With Networking and hit Enter.

Note: If you're using Windows XP, connect to your modem or router with an Ethernet cable, then follow these directions.

CCNA R&SCCNA Security | Network+  |  B.S. - Information Technology | Cyber Security Engineer

If I am helping you and have not replied within 48 hours, please send me a private message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users