Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Starter --emachines

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Owusu

Owusu

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

My emachines MiniNetbook laptop has been giving me issues lately (not a surprise since it's been trouble from 4days now). I decided today I couldn't deal with it anymore and I started a system recovery. Everything seemed to go off without any issues until it decided to start up again and now I get the error:

Windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation".

I've restarted several times and even tried to start it in safe mode. Nothing is working. I can't get it to start up no matter what I do. I do NOT have any disks for it (if you needed to know that). It is a MiniNetbook.

Can anyone help me with what I need to do from here please? Any help much appreciated. BTW, my technical skills are low so please, take it easy on me. Specs are: HDD--160GB, RAM:1GB PROCESSOR:1.66

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Owusu

Owusu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:58 PM

It is a Windows 7 Starter OS

#3 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

See the first answer on this Microsoft forum which sounds like the same issue as your own: How to restore Window 7 on an Emachine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users