Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer Causes Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Rachiela100

Rachiela100

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

Hey,

I know this sounds odd and it's got me scratching my head... but I have a laptop and whenever I plug my printer into the usb port and turn it on it causes a blue screen of death telling me that it's trying to prevent serious damage and to uninstall whatever software or hardware I'd just installed.
The odd thing is I've had this computer and printer for over a year and suddenly it's gone all weird on me. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 1150 and my printer is Dell AIO Printer A920, what could be the problem? Any suggestions?
Also, lately my computer says it is running anywhere from 40 to 50 processes even when I am not doing anything on my computer, could these two things be linked or are they two totally separate things and how do I fix them... Please help!! :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance for any help I can get.
Rachiela

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

Are you running antivirus and antispyware?? I recommend you read this Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and then post your log in the HJT Forum. They will help you work out your problems.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Rachiela100

Rachiela100
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 23 February 2006 - 01:28 AM

Thank you very much. I'll take your advice and go do that.

Thanks again,
Rachiela

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users