Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 mikelivia

mikelivia

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

Hi, My problem is with my media player I can not burn cds that were once burnt. What I mean by this is if i have a copy of a cd and rip it and try to burn it. It will not burn. It just starts to inspect then just stops. Cant figure this out. If i have the cd that i bought it burns fine. any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,756 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:45 PM

Without more specific information, I can't be sure. But, what it sounds like is copy protection. Many CD's will allow you to make only one copy as a backup. Once that copy is made, it then becomes encrypted and cannot be copied again or copies of the copy made. hth

Be (Copyright) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:50 AM

In the burning world finalizing means closing. You probably get asked if you want to finalize the CD, and this closes it with some form of encryption like Animal said. You can leave the CD 'open' and you would have to refuse to finalize the CD, but this open CD will not play on bog-standard CD players. If you wish to be able to add/remove things on a CD freely and have the opportunity to re-use a CD you would have to buy a CD-RW disc which is a rewritable disc.
David

#4 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:13 AM

ok thanks guys maybe i burned it once and lost that cd and now its closed and i cant burn it. But it is already ripped but i guess that shouldent matter. Any ways I can open it again to make copys of it. Or should I rip the cd again and start over?

#5 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 04:55 PM

any body? any ideas of what I can do ?

#6 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 10:05 AM

O and where it says if the song is protected or not the songs that wont work arent even protected.

Edited by mikelivia, 20 February 2006 - 12:08 PM.

#7 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:47 PM

Hey mikelivia

Ok thanks guys maybe i burned it once and lost that cd and now its closed and i cant burn it. But it is already ripped but i guess that shouldent matter. Any ways I can open it again to make copys of it. Or should I rip the cd again and start over?

I've read through this a number of times but i can't actually undertsand what you are trying to do. It's probably just my ignorance, but if you could explain in a bit more detail and clarity i will be most willing to help.

David

#8 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:03 PM

Ok its prob me in a rush now explaining things. Ill just start over. I want to burn a copy of this cd that I already have ripped to my computer. It says the music is not protected. When i try and burn the cd it just starts to inspect the song and just stops. I can do this nurmous times but still nothing. I am just trying to make a copy of this music but media player wont. Any ideas ?

#9 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:31 PM

Hi again mikelivia

Can you tell me which software you are using to do this please. Have you tried a different software to burn this CD? Can you tell me which CD you are trying to burn?

Regards,
David

#10 mikelivia

mikelivia
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:46 PM

I am using Windows Media player. I havent tried other software to burn the music cd i have. Its just a mix of music. I dont really know to much about computers thats why I havent really tried with other software.

By the way at the top of the page where it says free downloads do those sites work pretty good ?

Edited by mikelivia, 20 February 2006 - 04:47 PM.

#11 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:38 AM

Hi mikelivia

We have discussed your thread but we have come to the decision that its content infringes the rules here at BleepingComputer. We do not advocate illegal actions or materials, such as burning copyrighted music.
This thread will now be closed.

David

#12 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 21 February 2006 - 04:52 AM

Sorry, but the BC does not support or help with any such actions.

Please review our terms and rules of use.