Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can this run Skyrim?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Brett119

Brett119

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hi, I am looking into buying a new computer. I found one that has a lot of good reviews, but I am wondering if it can run a game like Skyrim on normal settings. The card I am curious about is the AMD Radeon HD 6300. Could someone tell me if it would work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Alexander Caldwell

Alexander Caldwell

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 AM

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:28 AM

i used google and found this:
"http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/116363-13-windows-skyrim"

it says yes but on low or medium settings.

Your CPU speed also matters.

Here is another site with minimum system requirements:
"http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=625&game=The%20Elder%20Scrolls%20V"

#3 TriggerJinxed

TriggerJinxed

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I used to play Skyrim, then I took an arrow to the knee.
I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. ~Stephen Hawking

#4 Salazara

Salazara

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

My experience with Skyrim has been that it demands more CPU/RAM than GPU. I'm running a Phenom II x6 CPU on 4 gigs of 1333 mhz ram.
My GPU however is considerably older, its the XFX Radeon 4890. I can run skyrim maxed out settings and still get 30 FPS. My CPU usage goes through the roof and my ram is maxed out, but the GPU activity is considerably lower than it is on MW3.

#5 troublesh00ter

troublesh00ter

• Members
  • 561 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:06 PM

Card should be fine. Like Salazara says, you'll need lots of RAM and a fast CPU.
for3ver,
goose90proof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users