Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Cant See Half Of The Websites That I Try To Go To All The Sudden!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 greenandblue

greenandblue

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 08:21 PM

recently i started having some real problems going to sites that i always go to including even google.com and some other popular sites. i have no idea why this would happen, it simply tells me that theres no such thing as that site or gives me some errors. i couldnt even reach THIS site and so i am on another computer right now trying to get help. Firefox and IE wont let me go to ANY websites and opera lets me go to some websites, but only half of them i type in will let me go anywhere. (thankfully i could go to yahoo.com and search for a help site like this one). not only this but when i go to sites, it keeps asking to download random files usually they named "default" and sometimes its from the server that im trying to reach, and sometimes its from some random server i've never even seen/heard of before? i click cancel and try to go again but it always asks me , and when it doesnt then it just brings me straight to an error page. once i clicked to open the file just to see if it would work and the file couldnt even download completely and it got an error.

nothing else is wrong with the internet connection i am able to get on AIM and other things like that. i also ran microsoft anti spyware and it didnt detect anything or find any thing wrong. i dont know if theres a super virus or what could be wrong?? i even did a system restore since this problem just came up recently and i still had that problem. please help i have no clue whats going on?!!

Mod Edit - Email address removed to defeat spambots

Edited by Leurgy, 19 February 2006 - 07:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:57 AM

Your best option right now is to submit a HiJack This Log for our team to review. See Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log, Instructions for receiving help in cleaning your computer.

Our HiJack Team are all volunteers and are very busy right now. You should receive a reply in 2-3 days. Please wait until a team member posts to your thread. Since our submitted logs are lined up by date and time, if you were to post into that topic before a team member replies, that reply would be the new date and time thus moving you backwards in the line. Once you do receive a reply things will move along quickly. If you do not receive a reply in five days post a notice here.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users