Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse and Keyboard not reconized.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MrV3nD3T4

MrV3nD3T4

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hello every one !

I recently formatted a computer and cloned with Ghost32. But i cloned into a different motherboard type. I have all necessary drivers for the new board, but can`t install them because Windows Xp Sp3 automatically displays the window of FOUND A NEW HARDWARE, and its not the keyboard or mouse its VGA driver. Could any one help me create a auto-silent-driver installation ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:51 PM

I think...the new hardware just might be the motherboard...while the hard drive contains settings/data that relate to a completely different hardware item.

FWIW: Changing a Motherboard or Moving Hard Drive - http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/moving_xp.html

Louis

#3 Guest_desertjon_*

Guest_desertjon_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

A simple solution when you get the error message "Not Recognized" is to unplug your pc and plug it back in...Problem solved :)

Simply unplug your pc and plug it back in...Usually solves the problem :)

Edited by hamluis, 15 March 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#4 MrV3nD3T4

MrV3nD3T4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:40 AM

Thank you very much for your replies.
But none of them works.
My problem is : When i log on, in the new pc, i get a dialog box saying that it has found a new hardware, and this dialog box is blocking the system from recognizing my usb-keyboard and mouse. I guess that you know what you can do with no keyboard and mouse on any computer :(.
My idea was to create a auto-installer and put this on the start-up folder, so when i turn on my pc it will install automatically all of my drivers.
Does any one knows how this idea can be solved ? has any one used a similar program b4 ? If you, what is the program that you have used ?> Thank Every one .

#5 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

See if you can get hold of a PS/2 keyboard so that you can move around the system with that.

But if you cloned with a different MBD type, then you've got a problem because the HAL won't match. When you first install the OS, it creates a HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) and then talks to that. If the HAL doesn't match the most important component in the system which is the motherboard, then you'll continue to encounter stability issues forthwith.

As regards your intention to add drivers to the startup folder, I find that rather amusing. What makes you think you have to install drivers every time you boot up? That's not the way an OS works. It's tedious admittedly having to install drivers followed by a reboot, but that's the way MS designed the system and if you want to use Windows as your OS, you'll just have to live with it I'm afraid.

#6 Tsh00ter

Tsh00ter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:12 AM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Have you tried booting the PC into safe mode and installing the drivers for the new board there?
(using PS2 keyboard obviously)

Edit: come to think of it - a standard USB keyboard should work straight away too.

Edited by Tsh00ter, 15 March 2012 - 01:45 PM.

#7 MrV3nD3T4

MrV3nD3T4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:17 PM

The deal is here, the Found New Hardware wizard an unknown hardware that may be graphic card, sound Ethernet ect, and halts at the first driver that it finds, so i can`t cancel it and move to the other hardware. all i am doing is testing if this way works, after all i could just re-format it. But i have done a great format, i took me more than 8h of hard work to create that image.

Have you tried booting the PC into safe mode and installing the drivers for the new board there?
(using PS2 keyboard obviously)

Edit: come to think of it - a standard USB keyboard should work straight away too.

Yes i did it. But nothing else is left, just creating an silent installer.
All i am asking is a program that could create one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users