Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Streaming Video Is All Green Or Lines Of Other Colors!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 kalebbroo

kalebbroo

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:13 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 07:38 PM

here is my problem, all streaming video i try to watch that uses windows media video 9 codec shows up completely green. if i watch streaming video using realplayer or quicktime it works perfect. ive tried reinstalling windows media video 9 codec and also updating everything that has anything to do with windows media player, nothing has worked. and all audio plays perfect. if i open the same video over and over again in a new window so that the video overlaps i can sometimes get it to show the video and as long as i don't exit out that page i can watch all the video with no problems. please help me ive tryed everthing asked sevral people and if i cant figure it out my next stem is to take it to a shop and try to get it fixed for 50 bucks!

(Moderator edit: post moved to more appropriate forum. jgweed)

Edited by jgweed, 18 February 2006 - 09:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kalebbroo

kalebbroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 10:42 AM

where the hell was it moved to?

#3 kalebbroo

kalebbroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 01 March 2006 - 12:05 AM

bump

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:13 AM

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:55 AM

I've had similar problems. Come to find out, the problem was I was using Firefox (mozilla) instead of Internet Explorer. I opened the same exact page with the same exact streaming video on it and it worked fine. Make sure that you're using IE to view that streaming video.

If that's not it, do you have a video card? Chances are that an out of date driver may do that. Nvidia had some video issues with their cards for a short while, I believe with the 6600 series and the 7800 series both early on (early releases of the cards. If you have a video card, make sure that your drivers are up to date despite the manufacturer.

Make sure that you have the latest version of direct x, which I believe is Direct X 9.0c.

Also, just to be on the safe side, check to make sure that a router or firewall isn't screwing with something. Have you tried holding ctrl+leftclick on the link to open the streaming video in a new window? Ctrl+left click should allow popups with IE.

Hope this helps.
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#5 Verticallogic

Verticallogic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

So what is the answer to the problem or where did the rest of the forum go? The previous answers does not fix the problem.
September 15, 2007

I would love to be able to watch movie trailers again. It's little crazy that you would move the thread but not tell us where it is. If you can help solve this problem that would be great. Thank you

#6 kalebbroo

kalebbroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 45 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2007 - 05:35 PM

i was using IE when i posted this and i switched to firefox and all is good in the world! thats what worked for me, try switching to another browser if you cant fix the problem

#7 Verticallogic

Verticallogic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:22 AM

Ill Give it a try but it should still work in IE also. Come to think of it, it probably will work in Firefox because I think the problem lies inside of IE or maybe wmp. If we could just figure out the actual cause that would solve the problem for a lot of people. Ill let you know if Firefox works. Thank You

#8 Verticallogic

Verticallogic

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2007 - 06:33 PM

I disabled my video acceleration in wmp 10 and it worked. No more green lines. first I tried it at the halfway mark and when that didnt work I just turned it all the way down. So now Streaming video doesnt have any green lines but I also dont have any video acceleration.

With wmp open, go to tools, options, and then the performance tab. You should see the slider bar near the bottom where it says video acceleration. Just slide it to the none position.

Once i figure out why I cant have my video acceleration on full I will post it. Maybe it is a driver update or directx10. Who knows.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users