Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Posible MB Failure ?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 triad_cowboy

triad_cowboy

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

HP Pavilion a6742p
Windows Vista

Attempted to boot the other day and nothing happen! Power switch light was off, no display, no sounds, no fans, nothing and yes it plugged in to a working plug.
Per HP troble shooting guild, it indicated a bad PSU. Light on back of old PSU was blinking.
Replace the PSU with a larger wattage (New). Turn it on and no display. The only thing happens now is the CPU fan "WILL" turn on.

What I have done to this point to narrow the problem down.

1.Disconnected "all external" stuff (mouse printer keyboard etc.) to eliminate conflicts.
2.Disconnected "all internal" drives.
3.Replace the CMOS battery.
4.Reseated the Ram,
5.Checked and dbl check for loose connection and that all connections were complete.

Each step I attempted to boot with following result.
The light for the power switch is lit and steady, THe cpu fan is running. NO beeps from MB Speaker

I thinking it is probally the MB, but b4 I buy a replacement I want to make sure I havent missed any steps or came to the wrong conclusion,

Any input is appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 954 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 11:30 AM

only thing i can add is onboard video may have died. attach working video card to verify.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users