Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

EA Sports Ultimate Hunting Challenge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stratomaster

Stratomaster

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:38 AM

Hello. I recently bought an old game (2000 or 2001) called EA Sports Ultimate Hunting Challenge. After installing the game, it loads fine but when I hit play the game acts like its going to load but then it just goes to a black screen and freezes up. I'm assuming its an issue between that game and Windows Vista. Any help figuring this one out will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rewster

Rewster

• Members
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:46 PM

It likely isn't supported by vista, like you guessed. I have had that problem with an old game of mine that I played when I was younger. I contacted the developers of the game, and their response was along the lines of "That game was developed to be compatible with Windows XP. We are sorry but it is not designed to be compatible with newer operating systems." This could likely be your problem as well. You could try running the game in a VirtualPC program running the XP OS that might allow you to play the game. I know that MAC users do that occasionally to play some games that are for Windows.

#3 Stratomaster

Stratomaster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:03 AM

Thanks I thought that would be the case. Off to the internet to do some more looking

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users