Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 Bios Problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lajohnn

lajohnn

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Hello all,

I did something very stupid recently. I flashed my BIOS to fix mouse stuttering issues but used the Gen4 BIOS version 2.10. ::palmslap::

I was able to clear the CMOS and use the instant flash to restore the BIOS back the most recent Gen3 BIOS 1.10. When I start the computer it shows the BIOS version is 1.10 and all of the tabs display the normal setting including monitoring cpu temp ect.. except all of my SATA ports show as "not detected". I changed the SATA controller settings back to their defaults (IDE), but still no luck. I checked and all of the SATA connectors are still clicked firmly in place.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 AM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:37 AM

first thing you are suppose do after bios flash before booting into windows is to boot to the bios and set it to default setting.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 lajohnn

lajohnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

I have manually set the BIOS settings back to default and cleared the CMOS. I cannot boot into Windows because it is not detecting my SATA ports.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:32 PM

Is it still under warranty?

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#5 lajohnn

lajohnn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:53 PM

Ugh I don't like the sound of "under warranty"... Yes it is still under warranty.

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

It seems that you have done everything. Proper Bios, and Cleared the CMOS.

If the SATA ports show as enabled in the BIOS and are set properly, AHCI?

I do know that Certain models of dell each port can be set on or off in the bios, Have you looked at all the controller settings?
Have pulled the AC and the CMOS battery, Moved the CMOS jumper to the clear position and pressed the on button to discharge any stored power? Leave that way for a few minutes. Restore the jumper, Battery and power. If still no go then if it were mine I'd bite the bullet and RMA it.

Lesson learned, double check. Especially on Something a important as the BIOS. It is easy to kill a motherboard with a BIOS flash.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users