Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iexplorer.exe CPU High

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 redland

redland

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:09 PM

The iexplorer.exe process is progressively sucking up more and more CPU after starting Internet Explorer 8. Seems to escalate moreso when using applications like Netflix, etc. I've tried about everything and searched your forums...although, there were some posts that appeared to address the same problem...the threads never mentioned the solution. Would love for someone to take a look at my logs if you have time. Thank you!

My System Info:

Dell laptop - Latitude E6500
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002 SP3
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU
771 MHz, 3.48 GB of Ram
250 GB Hard Drive (105 Used)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:31 PM

Do you mean "iexplore.exe" or "iexplorer.exe"?

One is a malware item.

<<Would love for someone to take a look at my logs if you have time>>

What logs are you referring to?

No DDS, HijackThis, or ComboFix logs should be posted in this forum. - BleepingComputer.com - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum-56/announcement-45-no-dds-hijackthis-or-combofix-logs-should-be-posted-in-this-forum/

Louis

#3 Tsh00ter

Tsh00ter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

There is a known issue with Adobe Flash working sluggishly on lower end CPUs (which I am afraid a 771Mhz clock speed is).

This is especially visible when streaming video. Id recommend as a workaround using FireFox 3.6.28 with its plugin_container handling streaming much better than IE or FF 11.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html

Adobes official stance is "meh, get a better CPU". All this will go away once there is an open source platform for flash.

#4 Guest_Xircal_*

Guest_Xircal_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

Perform a cold boot. That means power off the notebook and wait a full two minutes before powering on again. Flushing the system memory in this way often works wonders.

Are your drivers up to date? Check @ Latitude 6500 drivers

I'm afraid Tsh00ter's comments are largely irrelevant here because Netflix uses Microsoft Silverlight to stream video, not Adobe Flash. In that respect though, you do need to ensure that you have the latest version of Silverlight installed which you can download from here: http://www.silverlight.net/

The latest version of Firefox which is v11 may also be of some benefit to you since it's an up to date browser offering far more than IE8 ever can including support for HTML5.

You can download Firefox from here: Download Firefox 11 Check its features here: Firefox 11 features

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users