Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zioep

Zioep

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:30 PM

I very recently got rid of a trojan with the guidance of others. To be sure it was gone, they recommended I use combofix. After running the program, I am now unable to connect to the internet. I've run the network adapter troubleshooter which tells me "There might be a problem with the driver for the network bridge adapter."

I am not entirely sure on what I need to do to go about fixing this.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

Manually restoring the Internet connection

If, by some chance, you no longer have access to your Internet connection after running ComboFix then the first thing to try is to reboot your computer. This step alone should fix the vast majority of issues with no Internet connection after running ComboFix. If you still do not have an Internet connection after rebooting then please perform the following steps:

1.Click on the Start button.

2.Click on the Settings menu option.

3.Click on the Control Panel option.

4.When the Control Panel opens, double-click on the Network Connections icon. If your Control Panel is set to Category View, then double-click on Network and Internet Connections and then click on Network Connections at the bottom.

5.You will now see a list of available network connections. Locate the connection for your Wireless or Lan adapter and right-click on it.

6.Simply click on the Repair menu option.

7.Let the repair process perform its tasks and when it has finished, your Internet connection should be working again.
Alternatively, if your network icon also appears on the Windows taskbar, then you can repair it by right-clicking on the icon and selecting Repair.

Edited by Nephilim1955, 13 March 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:38 PM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:57 PM

1. This is why it isn't advised to run Combofix except under supervision.

2. The fact that Combofix broke the Internet tells me the computer was most likely still infected.

3. I suggest going to one of our virus cleanup forums to get an all clear on your computer once it connects to the internet again.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:38 PM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:08 PM

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help - Look here - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic273628.html

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users