Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 1052: the service to detect this status is turned off

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mattdean

mattdean

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Hi, I am working on a computer that has a Error 1052. It is a Toshiba Satlite. It is running vista SP2.I was wondering if there was any way to fix this issue. Network List service will not start. If it does it stops. how can i fix this issue.
Please help.

Edited by mattdean, 13 March 2012 - 03:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mattdean

mattdean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:06 PM

Fixed this issue.

Click "Start" -> "Run" -> type "dcomcnfg" and enter -> find: Component Services/Computers/My Computer/DCOM Config/netprofm -> right click "netprofm" -> click "Properties" -> "Security" -> "Launch and Activition Permissions" changed to "Customize" -> click "Edit" button -> click "Add.." -> type "LOCAL SERVICE" as the object names, click "OK" -> in "Permissions for LOCAL SERVICE", select "Allow" for "Local Launch" and "Local Activition" -> "OK" -> "OK"

Found at

Click here

Edited by mattdean, 13 March 2012 - 04:07 PM.

#3 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:09 PM

What service is it?

#4 mattdean

mattdean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Hi, I am working on a computer that has a Error 1052. It is a Toshiba Satlite. It is running vista SP2.I was wondering if there was any way to fix this issue. Network List service will not start. If it does it stops. how can i fix this issue.
Please help.

The one above. Network List Service.

#5 mattdean

mattdean
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:56 AM

Here is the fix I found and had work for me in this matter.

The fix for this is from:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-networking/when-asked-do-you-want-to-turn-on-network-list/fbbda2cc-1609-4628-a21b-b77c180c148b

It is:

Click “Start” -> “Run” -> type “dcomcnfg” and enter -> find: Component Services/Computers/My Computer/DCOM Config/netprofm -> right click “netprofm” -> click “Properties” -> “Security” -> “Launch and Activition Permissions” changed to “Customize” -> click “Edit” button -> click “Add..” -> type “LOCAL SERVICE” as the object names, click “OK” -> in “Permissions for LOCAL SERVICE”, select “Allow” for “Local Launch” and “Local Activition” -> “OK” -> “OK”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users