Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wasteland 2 comes to life with fan-funding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:54 PM

It was announced today that the original creators of Wasteland have created a Kickstarter project to fan-fund Wasteland 2, the long awaited sequel to the 1988 CRPG called Wasteland. Fargo has assembled the original team, which includes Alan Pavlish, Michael A. Stackpole and Ken St. Andre. They have also added Composer Mark Morgan, who worked on Fallout and Fallout 2, to create the music for the game. So far on its first day as a Kickstarter project it has raised over $238,000 of its $900,000 project goal. When I was a kid I always loved computer RPG games. Some of the best were Ultima, Wizardry, Auto Duel, Bards Tale, Phantasia, Might and Magic, and Pool of Radiance. Then along came Wasteland. This was a game that turned the tables on the RPGs of its time. Instead of the typical fantasy world of magic, dragons, and elves, you were plunged into a high-tech post-apocalyptic world of destruction. Set in a wasteland created from a nuclear war between the US and the Soviet Union, you commanded a group of Desert Rangers who survived the nuclear fallout and are instructed to investigate some disturbances in the desert. This was a big change for those who played computer RPGs, but it worked, and became an instant classic. I am excited for this project and already supported it. Will you?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 outmeal

outmeal

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Is the new game going to be like a modern game?

My mom was a teenager in 1988... :wacko:

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Topic Starter

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

LOL .. me too.

Yes, its going to be modernized what I am reading.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users