Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Display Of Menu Bar In Msn, Windows Media Player...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ghady

ghady

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:03 PM

Hey..
I have a problem with the way the menu bar is displaying in MSN, windows media player, paint... If you follow the link you'll see the picture.. Note that this doesn't happen in IE, my docs, my computer, office etc... what can i do?
thanks

Posted Image

Oh PS, this only happens when i place the mouse cursor over the menu bar..
"Did you know that before Kevin was a novelist, he worked at a recycling center?" - J. Maroney

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

I guess I am not sure that I understand the complaint. Can you explain in more detail what you don't like regarding the way the menus are displayed?

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 18 February 2006 - 06:07 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 ghady

ghady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:11 PM

ok.. see if you look at the way the menu appears, there's this almost white rectangular region around the words on the menu.. it should be uniformly grey, but every time i move the cursor to the menu bar, this discoloration happens..

oh and i'm using windows xp pro
"Did you know that before Kevin was a novelist, he worked at a recycling center?" - J. Maroney

#4 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:46 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:34 PM

Hi there,

Right click the desktop, and click properties. Click Appearance-->Advanced. These settings should customize all menu characteristics.

Posted Image
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#5 ghady

ghady
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:17 PM

no that's not what i mean.. what i'm trying to say is that the menu bar appears normal only until i move the cursos to it.. then the space around the words on the menu bar changes color to white, when, under normal conditions, there should be no change in color. this doesn't happen with my docs, IE, firefox, microsoft office, only with MSN and windows media player, roxio cd creator..

this is what things should normally look like:

Posted Image

and this is what the windows media player bar looks like only when i point the cursor at it (look closely around "file" and "view" etc and ull see this "abnormal" discoloration):

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users