Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem With My Printer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 splackavellie_ca

splackavellie_ca

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

i recently purchased a new printer a canon 1600..i had a HP before..anyways i installed it step by step the way its suppose to be done and it still will not work...i uninstalled and deleted the old HP printer as well but it still reads HP but its not there when i check the add or remove programs and hardware,nor does the canon show up yet i installed it correctly...does anybody know how i can get this printer to work?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 bob-E

bob-E

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:12 PM

I'm going to take a stab at this one.Go to the HP web site and search for the HPaoiscrubber.Download it and run it to make sure you completely removed the HP printer.There may be a conflict,I doubt it,but lets eliminate that possibility first.Then go to control panel>settings>system>device manager.Look for printers,if there,click on the plus sign next to it to see if any software and hardware are installed and for which printer they are for(HP or Cannon).My guess you may have some photo editing software installed for the cannon but no drivers,and if you ran the HPaoiscrubber,there should be no sign of it.You'll have to uninstall the cannon and re-install.Go to their web site for help.If on re-install the same thing happens I'll have to get back to you when I figure out why I'm having the same problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users