Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop won't connect to internet via wireless

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 secretangel

secretangel

• Members
  • 154 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:50 AM

The set up in our house is that the main computer is attached to router by ethernet cable. We then have various laptops, ipods, phones that can connect via wireless to the router.

We have two problems at the moment, firstly one laptop will not connect via wireless any more. When I run the troubleshooter I get the following errors - Problem with wireless adapter or access point, wireless network connection doesn't have a valid ip configuration and a network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken.

I don't know much about network and wireless connections so don't know whether it is a fault on that particular laptop or a problem with the router.

When I open the network and sharing centre in the diagram there is a cross between the network icon and the internet icon.

The second problem is that the wireless connections on laptops, ipods etc drop out every now and again and the only way round that is to reset the router.

Help :)
Posted Image

When you wanna give up, and your hearts about to break
Remember that you're perfect, God makes no mistakes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users