Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Headset mic not working properly

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 armygreen

armygreen

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:39 AM

Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
Custom built computer

Let me know if you need other information about my computer.

The problem I'm having is with any headset mic I plug into my computer. The earphones work any time, but the mic will only work with some programs. This is a new development. My mic used to work any time. I used to use a Logitech headset, but when the mic started having problems I bought a new headset. I currently use the Sound Blaster Tactic 3D. I don't remember which Logitech headset I used to use.

Programs my mic works with:
Sound Blaster Tactic 3D control panel (voice test)
Rosetta Stone (both the program and the online version I use through my university)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (but only in voice chat and voice test **NOT IN GAME**)

Programs my mic does not work with:
The speech recognition software for windows
Sound Recorder (which I downloaded from the internet)
Windows Audio Recorder Professional (trial version)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (doesn't work in game, but does work when I do the voice test)
Any online voice recorder

I know it must have something to do with the settings on my computer, but I can't figure it out. When I go to Devices and Printers in the Control Panel, it doesn't even show my headset. However, when I click the speaker icon on my taskbar, it shows that I am using a headset for audio. Also, audio works for everything. I have downloaded the most recent drivers for my headset, so I don't think that's it.

I think that covers it. Please help as soon as possible. This issue is urgent because I need to record my voice for an oral assignment for my university.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Do you have a separate port for a microphone on your custom build PC? Try this link for general troubleshooting.

Tekken

#3 armygreen

armygreen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

Actually, after installing the Sound Blaster Tactic 3D drivers and restarting my computer, it the mic still didn't work. So I unplugged the headset (which the microphone is a part of) and plugged it into a different USB port. When I did that, windows automatically started downloading new drivers, and the mic began working properly after that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users