Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

gimmeanswers/happilee redirect virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 vegasgirl

vegasgirl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Noticed this started to happen last night. I'll get redirected while clicking on certain search options in Google. I get sent to Gimmeanswers or Happilee. If I hit backspace, and then try again, I get to the right page, but it's making me a little nervous. This has happened before, but with a different redirect and TDSS Killer took care of that one. This time I've tried TDSS Killer, Hitman Pro, Malware Bytes. They show no threats. Malware found one, and Hitman found another one, but now they show nothing, and it's still there. I've tried everything I'm comfortable trying on my own. So now what?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:59 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:48 AM

If you have a Rootkit infection, they can be impossible to remove. Sometimes the only recourse is a system recovery.
However, you may try using these directions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-re…
for the redirect rootkit you have and than run
http://malwarebytes.org ..... on full scan
this will solve your problem

Afterwards, if your still infected, go to the Secutity Forum, select, Am I infected? What do I do? Post a new topic there.

Edited by Nephilim1955, 13 March 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• Members
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:23 AM

I suggest that at this time the preferable option would be ....

You will need some expert assistance to deal with the issue, so please follow the instructions in the
Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help

When you have done that, post your log in the "Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum", NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team experts.

Please let us know, here, if you have been able to successfully start your new topic.

Edit: @ Nephilim1955 The bleepingcomputer.com link in your above post is not working as you intended. Please edit your post to correct the link.

Edited by AustrAlien, 13 March 2012 - 01:27 AM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users