Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD after completing virus removal tutorial

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cbutl30

cbutl30

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hey guys,

I have run through the virus removal tutorial here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-windows-trojans-sleuth
However even after running through all the steps, each time I restart my computer I still get the blue screen of death.

This does not occur when I open in safe mode with networking. I have run malwarebytes 3 more times and each time it has not found anymore trojans.

Is anyone able to suggest any other useful tutorials or guidance?

Thanks,

Courtney

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:07 AM

Am I Infected? is the place to start.

Tekken

#3 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:26 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:32 AM

You wrote: "each time I restart my computer I still get the blue screen of death"
When did the you start getting "blue screen of death" system crashes?

Before or after installing Malwarebytes Antimalware?
I suggest not creating another topic in the Am I Infected? forum at this time: Instead, please do the following in Safe Mode with networking ...

Please download BlueScreenView (in zip file)
  • Extract (right-click > Extract all) the contents of bluescreenview.zip.
  • Double-click on the BlueScreenView.exe file, to run the program. (No installation is required.)
  • When scanning is done (usually complete by the time the interface appears), go ...
    • Edit > Select All
    • File > Save Selected Items, and save the report to your Desktop as BSOD.txt.
    • Close the BlueScreenView window.
  • Open BSOD.txt using Notepad and go ...
    • Edit > Select All
    • Edit > Copy, and then paste the entire contents of the text file into your next reply.
    (Let us know if no information is reported in the BlueScreenView interface: This means that there are no minidumps saved in the default location.)

Edited by AustrAlien, 13 March 2012 - 01:36 AM.

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users