Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Older Acer...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nedp

nedp

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

Have been through the trenches with this laptop, and just over 5 months

ago, had to go through a system recovery on it. Well... I havent powered it up in a while, and after hooking it up, it came up with...

..."windows did not shut down properly"... so I tried to do it again and same thing.... Mfg screen then XP screen, then again...
"windows did not shut down properly..."

I worked my way through the progression of safe starts, etc and can get to the Bios page, but never get to the start screen...

.... do I need to redo the System Recovery again, or what??

any help would just Be Outstanding....LOL...

thanks in advance....

I'll
Be Back....

Acer Aspire 3003WLCi 2005 model

battery out and did add 2g hd couple of years ago...

Nedp

gonna be 75deg and Wind up from Texass...

still got 2 weeks of winter...LOL :crazy: :crazy:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:00 AM

What other options are available aside from system recovery from your Acer computer? Do you have 'repair' option for the system or CDs to perfrom a system repair?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users