Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD drive not found after update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hmgrwn81

hmgrwn81

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

I am running Windows XP Pro w/ service pack 3 on a lenovo 3000 J series. Just recently I had a virus gathering on my pc and all but erased my hard drive to get rid of them all. Combo Fix, RKill, Avast. All in all some odd 140 trojans were found and countless registry problems. After the scans completed and problems repaired I downloaded Microsoft Security Essentials and Windows Service Pack 3 update. After The SP3 was finished my cd drive became "unfound" and now my com 1 port is having the same yellow triangle with ! in it. While looking through Device Manager it shows this DVD/CD-Rom drives
(yellow triangle) TSST corp CDW/DVD TS-H492C

I go to update driver .. states, " The wizard could not find a better match for your hardware than the software currently installed."

Called Microsoft and the directed me to lenovo site to download most up to date driver for my pc (cant remember what it was ..deleted it as it didn't work either)

next under the Network adapters there is a [big yellow question mark] Unknown device
question mark and ! overlay : Unknown device

Under Ports (COM & LPT)
cord with ! Commuications Port (COM1)

went to update this also and states the same thing as the drive.

Do I have more viruses, registry key issues, bad parts, bad SP3...?? Any help would be great.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hmgrwn81

hmgrwn81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 AM

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

Also, I had ran Combo Fix and said I was infected with a root kit, however Combofix locks up after that. I have ran it multiple times to no avail. Microsoft Security Ess. doesn't pick it up nor did Avast. or any other AV I have tried.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Please follow the directions at Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html .

Follow the directions exactly...post the requested logs in the forum which is linked to in the Prep Guide.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users