Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

okay I found it

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 olewoman21

olewoman21

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:55 AM

I"m a reall dummy, I could not figure out how I was supposed to get on this thing

didn't realize that "new topic" meant I could get on here and ramble on like a maniac....I kept looking for the words "post message" or something....

I tried the chat thing, and I just got a bunch of mumbo jumbo, I didn't know if it was ready or what...Maybe I used the wrong dohicky, to get on it...I mean I sat there and waited and waited and waited and couldn't make sense of anything, so I got off of there...I have XP, does any good soul out there know, what I shouof of used???? I think I clicked on Web something or other...

do I have you confused???? No????? Well, I'll just try harder next time...

enuff mumbo jumbo for now...I'm so glad I finally figured this part out anyhow...

later folk...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:08 AM

Hi, olewoman21 I get it I think. It takes gray hairs and I got 'em.

The chat room is often vacant, but to get in click on the word chat. The page it takes you to ... scroll down until you see "Start Web Based Chat Program" click it and you'll see a Chat Program window.. about 3/4 size. You'll be asked to enter a nickname. Olewoman21 ought to do it. A dialog box will appear, you have to check "YES" about trusting etc.etc. You should see the Java logo and a progress bar. Wait about 1.5 minutes. (I just tried it three times, twice in IE and once in Firefox. The two browsers differ a little bit about how its done, but both take up to a couple minutes maximum I'd say) Once you see you nick on the side of the chat window, you can type and enter. You should see your words displayed and that's it. If noone is there, well... that happens. I'll check in on ya' if I see you're still online :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 01:09 AM

:trumpet:::inlove: olewoman21:flowers::thumbsup:

Edited by scarlett, 08 November 2004 - 01:11 AM.

Posted Image

#4 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 08 November 2004 - 08:58 AM

:flowers: :trumpet:

You will see that there are more people in the discussion boards (these), then they are in chat.

We are a knowledgable bunch of people in different fields of computing, and even some in other fields. There are even times that we are a little :thumbsup: Ask away, even if it is not computer related.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users