Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

memory upgrade help needed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmartens2

jmartens2

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 AM

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:04 PM

hi i recently bought 2 1 gig memory modules. i checked the emachines (model#t5216) website and the specs say pc4200 ddr2
and it supports 400 mhz and 533 mhz speeds. i purchased new pny memory and in stalled and the computer
will not boot. i have checked bios when i have the old memory in it recognizes it but any combo with new
memory, only older is recognized and it show single channel with out a way to change to dual mode.
okay when i boot to win 7 and check for memory it shows the same as just
mentioned. but when i run CPU_Z it reports both modules it can see them (both old and new). ive been checking for bios upgrades
but im afraid of this area (i dont want to brick this computer) im not sure how to proceed. please if someone has
some time i would appreciate some help in proceeding to upgrade the memory and take advantage of the dual channel feature i assume it has.
i have yet to be able to figure out if the bios upgrades at the intel website for model# d102ggc2 intel motherboard are
the right ones to use.
emachines t5216
windows 7
dual core pentium d
2.66 mhz
thanks so much
jmartens2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adrenaline.

Adrenaline.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:47 PM

Take out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes then put it back in and try.

#3 jmartens2

jmartens2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:28 AM

Take out the CMOS battery for 10 minutes then put it back in and try.

No luck but thank you for taking time to help

#4 jmartens2

jmartens2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:43 AM

CanAnyone please help?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users