Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, My Introduction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 th3s4g3

th3s4g3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 AM

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:23 PM

Hello everyone

I am a person who really enjoys the computer. It is a hobby of sorts. I also enjoy learning about computers. But, I am always concerned with malware, spyware, and the various types of viruses. I would like to learn more about these things and how to protect myself against these nasties that are crawling all over the net. I do use BT from time to time and I always scan before opening any files. I mainly get UFC and TV Series. I do not get music, nasty movies, pictures, anything in a .zip/.rar file format.

In my computing time, I may have picked up bad internet surfing habits. My browser is Firefox with the usual script blocking add-ons and a few other various tools to help enhance my browsing/surfing experience. Hope I can learn from people who are more intuitive when it comes to computing, and other people's mistakes that led to a disastrous end.

My educational background consists of learning how to teach English, attending a university to obtain my degree in English, and my side learning project on computers. Again, computers are my hobby and I feel we should all learn about the tools we use every day.

Thank You for taking the time to read my ramblings,

Th3S4g3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 14 March 2012 - 05:28 PM

Hello and :welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users