Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Internet Security

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shinryuu

Shinryuu

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Well, I have Norton Internet Security 2006, and my Dad set all the passwords for my account, his account, and my sisters account...

Well, he forgot the passwords. And my account, which Norton logs into automatically, has no internet privileges...

So now we can't get into any new internet programs. I updated Mozilla Firefox, and now I can't use it. I recently installed Ad-aware SE, and I can't update its definitions... or even get into it, nowadays.

So what should I do? Uninstall it? Or does someone know how I can ask them to give me the password, or change it without knowing the password already?

Edited by Shinryuu, 19 February 2006 - 12:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nosnhoj#3

nosnhoj#3

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:15 PM

Is your account the Administrator Account? Also, are all accounts unable to access the internet?
When I'm right, I'm right....
And when I'm wrong, I could have been right....
So I'm still right, cause I could have been wrong.

#3 Shinryuu

Shinryuu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 04:20 PM

My Dad's account is the Admin... and we can't get into his because we forgot the password, so we can't tell if all accounts can't get into the internet.

Also, only new programs can get into the program. Norton has this access thing where if a program tries to access the internet, it tells us and asks us what to do. We can choose permit, automatically configure, or restrict...

Well, it doesn't ask us what to do now, so everything is automatically restricted except for the programs we already permitted before.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:28 PM

Hi Shinryuu.I'll assume you have XP, Please see this link, I believe it is what you need.

http://symantec.atgnow.com/consumer/result...esultType=5000#

To reset the password
Start Norton AntiVirus.
If Norton AntiVirus was installed as part of Norton Internet Security or Norton SystemWorks, then start that program.
On the Help menu, click About Norton AntiVirus.
If you installed Norton AntiVirus as part of Norton Internet Security or Norton SystemWorks, click About Norton Internet Security or About Norton SystemWorks.
On the Norton AntiVirus tab, click Reset Password.
In the password dialog box, type the Reset Password Key exactly as it appears in the window.

In the New Password box, type a new password.
In the Confirm New Password box, type the new password again.
Click OK.

Edited by boopme, 20 February 2006 - 08:33 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users