Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with flashplayer plugin for browsers i think...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xezzy

xezzy

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 AM

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Hello, im on ubuntu 11.10 (last version with all updates) ... This problem is from long, long time... firstly, i have problem with the sound... i cant listen any music(or powerful sound) with pleasure because the sound was too laggy... i take advice from one bulgarian forum and make this things http://www.stchman.com/alsa_update.html ... when i do it the sound was fix but the flashplayer dont stop crash... i reinstall flashplugin, tried with another browser... :X ... just when i start video in internet who using flashplayer i have this window Posted Image ...

if u dont understand ask me i will try to explain better...

P.S ... when the problem start i was on Gnome but now im on KDE and still have the problem :(

Edited by xezzy, 11 March 2012 - 10:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

You're probably using gnash, not flash. Open up Synaptic (the packager manager) and search for gnash to see if it's installed. It probably is. If you look for 'flash' it probably shows it's installed, too. But if you read the description I think it says it's a meta package that just installs gnash. In other words, despite being named 'flash' it really isn't.

Gnash is buggy. I've had it work. But when it decides it's not going to, there's not much you can do to make it behave. I just look for a repository that carries the real flash and install that after uninstalling gnash. Failing that, I go download flash directly from Adobe and install it that way.

#3 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,983 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

xe if you are using firefox try installing the flash-aid plugin. it might help
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#4 xezzy

xezzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

You're probably using gnash, not flash. Open up Synaptic (the packager manager) and search for gnash to see if it's installed. It probably is. If you look for 'flash' it probably shows it's installed, too. But if you read the description I think it says it's a meta package that just installs gnash. In other words, despite being named 'flash' it really isn't.

Gnash is buggy. I've had it work. But when it decides it's not going to, there's not much you can do to make it behave. I just look for a repository that carries the real flash and install that after uninstalling gnash. Failing that, I go download flash directly from Adobe and install it that way.

i do it all u tell me step by step but dont have results :(

anyway i have another problem... i am on KDE from a week and cant update from "Software Updates" .... when i try to update it says : "This operation cannot continue since proper authorization was not provided." ... if u can help please do it asap ;(

when i fix this problem will continue with the flashplayer(i waited 5 mounths can wait one more day...)

#5 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:21 AM

Do you ever get prompted for a password when trying to do the updates? If not, open a terminal and type sudo synaptic. After you give it the password, Synaptic will show up and you can upgrade everything from there. If it has a toolbar item called Mark all upgrades, then select that and Apply to do it. If there isn't a toolbar thing for marking upgrades, go to Custom filters and select the upgrades from there. (I don't use Ubuntu, and there are some variations on the layout of Synpatic, which is why I'm not sure what is on the toolbar.)

#6 xezzy

xezzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:34 PM

yea in synaptic ask for password but in "Software Updates" dont ask... just says "This operation cannot continue since proper authorization was not provided." and i cant make the updates :(

#7 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:54 PM

Do your updates via Synatpic, then. The updates will be the same ones. Rather, they should be. If you still have some updates not happening after you do that, let me know and I'll tell you how to fix the filter to get them all. But you should be able to get them all via what I explained before.

It sounds like something is wrong with the authentication sysem under KDE. I haven't been able to stand using it since they went to 4.X versions, so I can't tell you what you might need to fix that. But I'd just uninstall the update materials and use Synaptic in its place. I'm runing Lubuntu (uses LXDE), and I uninstalled those things myself and just use Synaptic. I did it because it had a habit of slowing my machine to a crawl whenever it ran up and I was doing something at the same time (I work exclusively from the same netbook whether at home or away).

I uninstalled update-manager, update-manager-core, update-notifier-common and some support stuff. No problems. I just have to go to Synaptic every day manually and do the updates. I prefer that anyway.

#8 xezzy

xezzy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:03 PM

thank u man... i discovore synaptic is very powerful thing and i will play with synaptic and will try to fix my flashplayer problem... with little tries now i can see flashplayer things with Konqueror(kde browser) without problem... i will try to fix the problem for Mozilla too :) I dont have more questions for now!... one more time - thx ! :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users