Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving In The Defaul Temp Files Folder

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 karachigurl

karachigurl

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:25 PM

I don't knwo what the problem is, but whenever I open an image file and "Save As" a new file, it is saved in the Temporary Internet Files folder instead of the desktop. I have to "Save As" again to actually save the picture on my desktop. What should i do? o_O

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:31 PM

Try this. Next time you d/l a graphic, use "save as" and save it to My Pictures (or created whatever folder you would like, such as "Downloads); Windows should remember where you saved it the next time.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 karachigurl

karachigurl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:34 PM

Nooo. It's like a picture file already on my computer saved to my Desktop. Now i want to "save as" and save AGAIN on my desktop with a different name. In that case it doesn't save to the Desktop, but the Temporary Internet Files Folder.

#4 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

When you "Save as" and the box comes up, are you picking the "Save in" location at the top of that box? You can pick the Desktop from there, or any other location you wish.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#5 karachigurl

karachigurl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

yes i am. It says Desktop at the top but it saves in th Temp Internet Files folder. I tried clearing the folder but it didn't work.

#6 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:06 PM

When you open a picture file, what program does it open with?

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#7 karachigurl

karachigurl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:32 PM

Microsoft Photo Editor

#8 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 08:30 AM

Well, I can think of two options here. The first is to use another picture editor. If you were to download and install Irfanview the problem would no doubt resolve itself. Its a great little free program with a lot of features that will allow you to manipulate your photos as you wish, including adding text and removing redeye.

The other suggestion I have is to try fixing the registry. To do this you would boot to a Command prompt and type in scanreg /fix. That might work.

What file extension do these pictures have? Is it .jpg?

#9 karachigurl

karachigurl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:23 PM

yep it's jpegs. I dont' know what's wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users