Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Daylight Saving Time is tonight

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:01 PM

For those of us that observe it, don't forget to set you clock ahead one hour before you go to bed tonight!
In the beginning there was the command line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:29 PM

Its about time.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:37 AM

So, my daughter was telling me all the things that she doesn't like about the switch back to Daylight Saving Time, starting with losing an hour of sleep. I told her that one of the things that bothered me was losing an hour of Stars End. She asked, "What's Stars End?" I told her it's a radio show on WXPN (a fairly local station), from 1 AM to 6 AM Sunday, that features the electronic/ambient/space music I like, and that there aren't many places to hear that kind of music.

She looked at me and said, "There's a reason for that!"

(Smart aleck kid!)

I looked at her and said, "How sharper than a serpent's tooth ..." *

She looked back at me and said, "You know, of course, that he was talking about the one who was right ... ?"

(Smart aleck kid!)

* A reference to Shakespeare's King Lear. My daughter is a senior in high school and has dreamed of being an engineer since fifth grade, but she is also a veteran of Junior/Senior Corps at the NJ Shakespeare Theatre. (Belated "Proud Dad" alert!)

#4 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

On March 25 2012 than is the Daylight saving time in Europe. :thumbsup:

I am so happy, :whistle:

#5 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:55 AM

Me Personally I'm NOT a fan of daylight savings time,to me it just mean's that once again i'm havin to leave in the dark(Zero-Dark-Thirty)..I was gettin to leave for work with the sun commin up <_< ...

I lose an hours sleep, and 5:00 A.M. Comes early enough as it is...

Ok done whinnin now....

MissPlaced

Edited by MissPlaced, 13 March 2012 - 08:56 AM.

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#6 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:20 AM

Me Personally I'm NOT a fan of daylight savings time

Me neither, missplaced.

But you forgot one thing and that is, by daylight saving time, save you one hour power out.
At the end of the year than you'll see that daylight saving time is not bad.
But the words what I did give doesn't mean, that I am a lover of daylight saving time.
The fact that I save one hour with power is for me important, you know miss.?
We live in an expansive time and when you save your money on the Power bill from the Power Company, then is that not bad.
So the fact that I get everyday 1 hour less by this, well I can say: Its works for me.

#7 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:53 AM

@ computer-man,

There are many electrical options available to me, and I use one of them , so i save big everyday....

I'd rather have that extra hour of sleep and NOT have to leave for work in the dark.... :P

MissPlaced

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#8 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:47 AM

I'd rather have that extra hour of sleep

Than go you one hour earlier to bed.
When you do that, then have you sleep enough, missplaced. :P

#9 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Next Weekend have we Summertime, oh yeah.
Sundaymorning March 25 at 02.00h.am, the Clock moved than to 03.00h.am .
And a party that we have, yoopie.

#10 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,856 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 10:49 AM

Actually, so-called Daylight Savings time saves neither daylight nor power. In the section of Indiana where I live, we didn't do the clock change nonsense for quite some time. A few years back, they finally decided to do the clock bounce. A study was done that first year of clock switcheroo, and it was found that there was well over $1 million dollars ADDITIONAL energy expense that year as a consequence.

I think I know why. Before the time clock change nonsense, given the time that school and many businesses start in the morning, when the days started getting longer, it was light in the morning and so they didn't have to turn on nearly so many lights in the morning. Added to that, families were getting up in the daylight in the morning and didn't have to turn on lights while getting their kids ready for school and themselves ready for work. Now by shoving the clock about, they have to turn on those lights during that hour of darkness in the morning.

Stupid. Let's put it on standard time and keep it there. There'd be a lot less confusion.

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#11 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

@ Orange Blossom,
I like the way you think Gal!!

I believe that Arizona is the only State that doesn't change there time...

I never could figure out how they figured that "Day light savings Time" saved anything... :whistle:

MissPlaced

~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#12 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:36 AM

In some countries, save you power.
Of course, I am not a Summertime or what you people call, daylight saving time lover, but in my country is the weather different versus America and other over seas countries.
Yesterday must I about 19.00h. turn on my light, this evening would that 20.00h., that is 1 hour later than we have to do that in the Winter.
So folk, I believe that for your country, the daylight saving time is nonsense, but for the countries in Europe not.
Well find I that setting the clock one hour forward is to little, I would that it was 6 hours forward, than save I more power than now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users