Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Winter? What winter?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:59 PM

Out in the great plains, this is the mildest winter I can ever remember.
And I am getting old.

We really have not had much precipitation to speak of since last June when we had a severe hail storm.
The farmers need the moisture badly for their crops to feed the nation.

I think the total accumulation of snow so far this year might have been 2 to 3 inches.
Usually snow is measured in feet with a gusty, bitter and cold wind out of the north.
We did not have that this winter.

My irises are starting to come up and the rose bush is starting to change already too.

How was your winter?
In the beginning there was the command line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 PM

Posted 10 March 2012 - 09:20 AM

@ Eyesee,

Here in the cradle of idoicy, it's been a mild winter as well,I'm not gonna complain since I drive for a living,But I am concerned about the lack of Rain/Snow in the mid west (except for colorado, my baby brother lives out there and they got hammered)...The farmers are in for a bad time of it i think with this drought, and the ripple effect is gonna effect us all.

Last Year here in the cradle of idoicy it was bitterly cold,and the price of heating oil went thru the roof
The Oil Company that We had used for 20 years wasn't giving anybody a break either :angry:

So Fearing it would be the same this year I went shopping for a new oil company , found a great one that's much cheaper :thumbsup:
Now had my old oil company used their collective heads for something besides a hat rack, they would have made friends with their estabolished customers and because of the PR alone their business would have seen an increase!...

I've always had and always will have a special place in my heart for the truckers, because my daddy was a trucker for many many decades....This drought is gonna effect the trucking industry as well

The Ripple effect is gonna be a pain in da hiney for all of us!

I think I'm gonna go find my crayon's now....

MissPlaced

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#3 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:48 AM

Every Winter is different.
The one time have we a Winter were we saying, Je**s=son of the Lord and Maria, it is cold and the other time is it a Winter of lick my cardigan.
But for the Usa is it extraordinary that the Winter is mild.
In the Netherlands had we a Winter for 10 days and it was cold, in some places were the temperature -22.9 degrees celsius.
This sort Temperatures have we not so much in the Netherlands.
Temperature of -22.9 degrees celsuis is fine for me, but there is one sort cold what I hate and that is water cold. :cold:
I will believe that some people find that weird that I say this, but what I do mean with my answer is, that you can take warm clothes and put that on, but with water cold is it another story.

In the month February this year was I looking to the movie on T.V. with the name: The Day After Tomorrow, a movie what I did seen for the second time and I must thinking on the message about Mayan Calendar, when I read your message Eyesee and thinking back at the movie
,than is the possibility there, that we get soon the ice time.

#4 Styck

Styck

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

So far Texas has been spared any really cold weather...some days have even been in the upper 70s...and 2 days last week I was wearing shorts n t shirt and very comfy ....then this week we've gotten rain for 3 out of 7 days...but then Mr Sun popped out this afternoon...and the forecast for tomorrow is back in the upper 70s again :thumbsup: :woot:

#5 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 3,541 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:34 PM

Next week is supposed to be low eighties here.

Last summer was hot! 115+ for weeks on end!
This summer might be that way as well.

It is eerie that it has been so mild.
And that all the plants are changing already.
It is at leas a month ahead of what it should be.
In the beginning there was the command line.

#6 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:50 PM

been a mild one here, think the worst we got was 6 inches. theres a debate here whether were gonna get another one or not I think not, 60s and 70s next week.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#7 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 PM

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:31 AM

Our only real taste of winter was the Halloween blizzard -- which was well before we actually were in winter. Barely any snow after that, but plenty of rain -- at least, that's the way I remember it.

Our daffodils were sprouting up in the first week of January -- a full month earlier than I've ever seen, and six weeks earlier than usual.

I'm a bit worried about how hot this summer might be!

#8 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:46 AM

There has been a shift in earths rotation...

The sun is WAY TOO HIGH IN THE SKY for early march!! --Some wonder if the Japan Earthquake last year did something.. (Yes this winter has been quite nice)

I was worried we would have another one LIKE LAST YEAR!! (Quite bad (HERE ANYWAY))

#9 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:01 AM

Last summer was hot! 115+ for weeks on end!
This summer might be that way as well.

In countries just as the Usa is it in the most cases hot weather.
That is also the reason why you American people have Hurricanes, Tornadoes and or Earthquakes .
What I did tell is also the same for country just as Japan etc.
I live in the Netherlands and I can tell you, I am not afraid for this, because, the summers what the Usa has and other countries just as Japan, have we not often.
We had this year a Winter for 10 days; it was cold; see my message before this, but then after that 10 days, see there was the Autumn again.
Now may we Dutch people hope, that we get a Summer and than after this a Winter.

#10 lti

lti

• Members
  • 583 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:24 PM

There wasn't much snow in northern Colorado. There was only high winds like the rest of the state.

#11 caintry_boy

caintry_boy

• Members
  • 139 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Out here in East Central Kansas, it's been extremely mild this winter. We had snow of about 1 1/2 inches max and the only real cold we had was right before Valentines Day when it got down to 6 degrees Fahrenheit. Right now it's 79F and I'm worried about this coming summer.
Daffodils and Hyacinths blooming along with Forsythia and Spirea, Grape Hyacinths too. I'll bet if I went looking I'd find some 'shrooms...Morels = yummy!!

Posted Image

:tophat:

#12 MissPlaced

MissPlaced

• Members
  • 929 posts
  •  

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

@ caintry_boy,
Well now you done gone and done it....You said the "M" word...That man "O" mine just loves mushrooms!!
I don't think he's every met a mushroom he didn't like. :lol:

You want to be great, Learn how to heal people, To hurt people is easy

Be Kinder then you have to be,you never know what battle someone else is fighting~~~
~~~~Martrys song~~~~~
~~~~My Deliverer~~~~~~

#13 jill8beans2

jill8beans2

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:21 PM

Winter was about like spring here in in GA.
Looking for the other side of my brain, have you seen it?

#14 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:49 AM

and I'm worried about this coming summer

We have a climat changing, Caintry_boy
You makes your worry what for Summer you get, well, in the Netherlands ask we our self too, what for Summer we get now.
Last year was there a reasonable Spring, but the Summer in my country was bad.
So my good friend, now do you know that you are not the only, that you are ask what for Summer you get.
Hmmmm, American people and Dutch people have a lot of agreements with together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users