Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7: Blue screen error message.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sol Gómez

Sol Gómez

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:19 PM

Hello there, i'm posting this topic because I've been having some problems with my laptop.
About 2 or 3 months ago it started making that sound (the one you hear when you plug an usb device) but without plugging anything. And also a small message appeared warning that this "usb port could work faster", but I did not pay attention because the computer was working fine.
Since last week I'm experiencing a blue screen error message that comes up and then the computer restarts. This does not happen all the time, I can boot everything, but randomly it will come up and restart everything. I ran the antivirus but it didn't detect anything and, unfortunatelly, that's all I KNOW how to do. Could you please give me some piece of advice on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

PS: As I am not sure on what is going on, I don't know if this topic is opened in the correct forum, if necessary please move it. Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:11 PM

What USB devices do you have plugged into your computer currently?

Also, I suggest testing the computer with no usb devices plugged in at all except for your mouse. Move the mouse around the screen while simultaneously trying to move the mouse USB plug around in the socket. See if you can upset the connection and stop the mouse cursor. Try this procedure with the mouse in each usb port.

If those tests work out well, than use the computer with just the mouse plugged in for a while and listen for the Windows sound you spoke of.

If the system works normally for a good amount of time, add another USB device (like a keyboard) and use the computer for a while. See it that works well, too. Repeat this process for each USB device you originally had plugged in.

Edited by LucheLibre, 09 March 2012 - 10:12 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 Sol Gómez

Sol Gómez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:35 PM

Thank you very much for answering the question. I don't have any usb mouse or keyboard to try here since this is a laptop computer. Any other idea I may try?
Thanks again!

#4 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

What USB devices do you have plugged into your computer currently?

You can use one of those devices and follow the first part of my instructions.

Edited by LucheLibre, 11 March 2012 - 02:57 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users