Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SSD Question - Are all Win7 versions same size?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TNF

TNF

• Members
  • 102 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 PM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hi, I have recently installed a solid state drive in my PC.
120GB... to run windows and my photo editing programs faster.... and maybe a couple games (if I can figure out how to run Steam on a slave and a Steam game on the main.. different topic).

My question is this...

I have Windows Ultimate 64 bit... but I want to make sure I have a lot of extra room on this drive for other programs.
If I were to buy Windows 7 Home Basic 64.... would it be a smaller footprint on my hard drive? Or is it the same size, but less features unlocked ?

I have Googled the best windows install for SSDs but nothing helped me much.

My goal is to have as much leftover drive space on the 120GB SSD as I can... even at the cost of a smaller OS.

Thank you for any and all advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users