Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Toolbar888

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 Soheil Roshan

Soheil Roshan

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:13 AM

ok i was downloading some skins for counter strike source, a game and all of the sudden i got a crapload of popups and Microsoft Antispyware said that trojan.win32 or sumthin like that was trying to install so, i clicked on the remove, and then as usual when i went to the Add/Remove Programs, i removed all the suspicious malware. then i stumbled upon Toolbar888, and no matter how many times i click on Remove it wont uninstall. i need your help!!!

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:12:26 PM, on 2/17/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Soheil\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\ZF8GCDXC\stng260[1].exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ZONELA~1\ZONEAL~1\zlclient.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Soheil\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.765\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.yahoo.com/
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbar1.dll/cmtrans.html
O20 - Winlogon Notify: Reinstall - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dnro0193e.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPodService - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs, LLC - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ZONELABS\vsmon.exe

P.S. i dont get what to do with a logfile.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 didom

didom

• Members
  • 1,389 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:35 AM

You're infected indeed!

First I want to know: have you been fixing with HijackThis yourself?

#3 Soheil Roshan

Soheil Roshan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 03:28 PM

yes i did

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:24 PM

You have the latest version of VX2. Download L2mfix from one of these two locations:

http://www.atribune.org/downloads/l2mfix.exe
http://www.downloads.subratam.org/l2mfix.exe

Save the file to your desktop and double click l2mfix.exe. Click the Install button to extract the files and follow the prompts, then open the newly added l2mfix folder on your desktop. Double click l2mfix.bat and select option #1 for Run Find Log by typing 1 and then pressing enter. This will scan your computer and it may appear nothing is happening, then, after a minute or 2, notepad will open with a log. Copy the contents of that log and paste it into this thread.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT run option #2 OR any other files in the l2mfix folder until you are asked to do so!

if you receive, while running option #1, an error similar like: ''C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe
C:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt the system file is not suitable for running ms-dos and microsoft windows applications. choose close to terminate the application.."...then please use option 5 or the web page link in the l2mfix folder to solve this error condition. do not run the fix portion without fixing this first

#5 Soheil Roshan

Soheil Roshan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Log for VX2.BetterInternet File Finder (msg126)

Files Found---

Additional Files---

Keys Under Notify---
RunOnceEx

Guardian Key--- is called:

User Agent String---
{C0936CE3-215D-2127-4284-9BB2240B2B9C}

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:28 PM

Please download Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to your desktop.
  • Close all windows before continuing.
  • Double-click Look2Me-Destroyer.exe to run it.
  • Put a check next to Run this program as a task.
  • You will receive a message saying Look2Me-Destroyer will close and re-open in approximately 10 seconds. Click OK
  • When Look2Me-Destroyer re-opens, click the Scan for L2M button, your desktop icons will disappear, this is normal.
  • Once it's done scanning, click the Remove L2M button.
  • You will receive a Done Scanning message, click OK.
  • When completed, you will receive this message: Done removing infected files! Look2Me-Destroyer will now shutdown your computer, click OK.
  • Your computer will then shutdown.
  • Turn your computer back on.
  • Please post the contents of C:\Look2Me-Destroyer.txt and a new HiJackThis log.
If Look2Me-Destroyer does not reopen automatically, reboot and try again.

If you receive a message from your firewall about this program accessing the internet please allow it.

If you receive a runtime error '339' please download MSWINSCK.OCX from the link below and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 Directory.
http://www.ascentive.com/support/new/images/lib/MSWINSCK.OCX

#7 Soheil Roshan

Soheil Roshan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:35 PM

Look2Me-Destroyer V1.0.5

Scanning for infected files.....
Scan started at 2/18/2006 8:32:01 PM

Infected! C:\WINDOWS\system32\ennml1511.dll
Infected! C:\WINDOWS\system32\g804lidq180e.dll
Infected! C:\WINDOWS\system32\__delete_on_reboot__ennml1511.dll
Infected! C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard.tmp

Attempting to delete infected files...

Attempting to delete: C:\WINDOWS\system32\g804lidq180e.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\g804lidq180e.dll Deleted successfully!

Attempting to delete: C:\WINDOWS\system32\__delete_on_reboot__ennml1511.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__delete_on_reboot__ennml1511.dll Deleted successfully!

Attempting to delete: C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard.tmp
C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard.tmp Deleted successfully!

Making registry repairs.

Removing: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\RunOnceEx

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{5508FCDA-EB12-4B66-85D9-6DFE9C8C326C}"
HKCR\Clsid\{5508FCDA-EB12-4B66-85D9-6DFE9C8C326C}

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{ED4A2094-375B-4668-B086-0B1169897949}"
HKCR\Clsid\{ED4A2094-375B-4668-B086-0B1169897949}

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{C16CD464-1283-4E41-9AFD-22BD3A10A6D7}"
HKCR\Clsid\{C16CD464-1283-4E41-9AFD-22BD3A10A6D7}

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{9546E4C9-1A76-43BB-AF00-36E9E83AA9C1}"
HKCR\Clsid\{9546E4C9-1A76-43BB-AF00-36E9E83AA9C1}

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{D3C2D69D-0744-493A-BBEB-2F6E5C9D87BD}"
HKCR\Clsid\{D3C2D69D-0744-493A-BBEB-2F6E5C9D87BD}

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{BC8C8E3A-EE6E-43DF-B5AC-B1E54C65C709}"
HKCR\Clsid\{BC8C8E3A-EE6E-43DF-B5AC-B1E54C65C709}

Removing: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved "{91C51E58-1E88-41B6-B854-8E572D884E23}"
HKCR\Clsid\{91C51E58-1E88-41B6-B854-8E572D884E23}

Restoring Windows certificates.

Replaced hosts file with default windows hosts file

Restoring SeDebugPrivilege for Administrators - Succeeded

#8 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,618 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:49 PM

Now that your clean:

Disable and Enable System Restore. - If you are using Windows ME or XP then you should disable and reenable system restore to make sure there are no infected files found in a restore point.

You can find instructions on how to enable and reenable system restore here:

Managing Windows Millenium System Restore

or

Windows XP System Restore Guide

Renable system restore with instructions from tutorial above

Next,

This process will clean out your Temp files and your Temporary Internet Files. Please do both steps:

Step 1:Delete Temp Files
To clean out your temp files, click on Start and then run, and type %temp% and press the ok button.

This should open up the temp directory that your machine uses. Please delete all files that are found there. If you get an error when deleting a file, skip that file and delete all the others. If you had trouble deleting a file, reboot into Safe Mode and follow this step again. You should now be able to delete all the files.

Step 2: Delete Temporary Internet Files
Now I want you to open up Internet Explorer, and click on the Tools menu and then Internet Options. At the General tab, which should be the first tab you are currently on, click on the Delete Files button and put a checkmark in Delete offline content. Then press the OK button. This may take quite a while, so do not be alarmed with how long it takes. When it is done, your Temporary Internet Files will now be deleted.

Finally, and definitely the MOST IMPORTANT step, click on the following tutorial and follow each step listed there:

Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet

Glad I was able to help and if there any other problems related to your computer please feel free to post them in the appropriate forum. Though we help people with spyware and viruses here at BC, we also help people with other computer problems! Do not forget to tell your friends about us!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users