Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP 5550 asks for mid-weight paper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pojieps

pojieps

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

I am working in a windows server 2003 domain environment with about 50 users and multiple printers. One of our printers (HP clj 5550dn) has recently started doing some weird things. First off, I will give you the setup. The printer has one manual feed tray, one for letter sized, and one for ledger sized. All trays are configured with the proper size and paper type, with tray one (manual feed) set up with any size/any type. The domain controller handles all of the printers for the network.
Now down to my issues. With most print jobs, it is asking for mid-weight paper to be manually fed into tray 1. The user has to press the check mark button to choose the proper paper tray. I have made sure that all of the settings are correct on the printer, and on the server (printer preferences). This all started at the same time as my second issue. This issue is that if a user tries to send a print job with multiple copies, we get an error message stating "Unable to store job", then says "Printing MOPY status". The printer spits out one copy of the job, then a job storage status page. This page reads "Error: Unable to store job at printer
Reason: Insufficient disk space for this job

Solution: Delete some files from the disk before resending this job"
As far as I know, the jobs are stored at the server while being printed. Also, if you are trying to make 4 copies and you just send the job 4 times at 1 copy, it works just fine (asking for mid-weight paper 4 different times tho)

I have factory reset the printer, updated the firmware, and messed around with settings thru the web app to try to solve these issues. No luck so far.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

HP isn't the only brand to have hard drives in some of their printers, Okidata does too among others.

From the printer Specs on the HP website:
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en/sm/WF06b/18972-18972-3328060-15077-3328071-409994-406814-406815.html?dnr=1

Hard disk Standard 20 GB HP high-performance

Reason: Insufficient disk space for this job

Solution: Delete some files from the disk before resending this job"

It is telling you what to do.

You'll have to pull out the manual
http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00134099/c00134099.pdf

Maybe in the HP toolbox.

Good Luck

Edited by rotor123, 09 March 2012 - 04:37 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 pojieps

pojieps
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 04:55 PM

Thanks for your suggestion rotor123.
I figured it out though... The driver somehow updated to the HP Universal print driver. Putting it back to the original printer-specific driver solved my issue. The reason I knew it wasn't the internal storage is because the printer was functioning properly a week ago, with the same hardware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users