Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Annoying Pop-up "Message From Webpage..."

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trontweeker

Trontweeker

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 AM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Boopme has been working with me on the "Am I Infected" forum and the conclusion is that malware is not the problem. I'm running XP Pro and IE8 with a 120gB HD and 2gB of RAM (recognized by the system. As an example, when first go to FoxNews.com (and several other news sites) I get a small pop-up "Message From Webpage: Out of memory at line 1". When I navigate to another page/site, the same pop-up appears but the line# has changed to line 6. In all cases I can still view the page but can't navigate somewhere else while the pop-up is active. Thee ESC button is getting a workout like never before. I've gone through the drills suggested on most Q&A sites such as the settings for VM (I'm letting the system control that), disable this, check that, etc. One thing I've noticed is that when I check the Task Manager, IEexplorer.exe jumps to ~33% for a second when the pop-up appears then drops back to zero. At this point, should I run ComboFix? ANY SUGGESTIONS?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technomutt

technomutt

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:21 PM

First thing I do when I have browsing problems is to try a different browser. Firefox or Chrome will suffice. If the problem is only IE8, then download the redistributable and reinstall it.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 AM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hi -
First - Boopme would have asked / instructed you to run ComboFix if it was required
Take the following steps to help prevent infection on your computer:
•Enable a firewall on your computer.
•Get the latest computer updates for all your installed software with Windows Updates, and check other installed programs.
•Only use 1 up-to-date antivirus software program.
How to turn on the Windows firewall in Windows XP

Your system lists 2 Antivirus programs, please delete one, and only use one at any time, as this will cause problems -
1) Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus (Version: 10.2.0.707)
2) Microsoft Security Essentials (Version: 2.1.1116.0)

Thank You -
Edit for spelling -

Edited by noknojon, 07 March 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,379 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:35 PM

Appears to be nothing but script/coding errors...you cannot do anything about those, other than stop your browser from notifying you of such.

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111029142408AAmxASq

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie8-windows_7/internet-explorer-8-out-of-memory-at-line-1-or/6b908f86-529e-4788-9591-509d927ce33f

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users