Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stopping a program on startup of IE8

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nedp

nedp

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:20 AM

I have a Music share program that starts up automatically and I DONT want

it to do that....

what can I do ??

thanks

nedp

68degs, sun shining, wind BLASTING UP from Texass at 40 mph

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

Many programs of this type can be configured not to auto start at Windows startup by clicking the options menu of the program, selecting preferences, look for something like "Start when windows starts' and remove the tick from that box. Click apply. Close the program and restart the computer.

Edited by Nephilim1955, 07 March 2012 - 11:16 AM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:16 AM

It is indeed in preferences, as previously mentioned: https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/spotify_automatically_launches_on_startup_how_do_i_disable_this

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 nedp

nedp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:57 PM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Thanks Folks....

Love this place for all Us DA's out there...

LOL

nedp

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users