Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

100 % CPU usage ???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Vybz

Vybz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 AM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:14 AM

Im pretty new to this forum, but am sure that I will be able to get some guidance with this issue. Issue lies with a Acer Laptop equiped with a AMD Athlon 64 running Windows seven premium. Computer recently started acting slow after a Kaspersky Virus scan and virus removal. When checked in task manager, CPU usage remains at 100% or close after booting. Just simply trying to open any folder takes forever and CPU usage shoots and remains at 100%. The tricky thing for me is that Under processes, the calculation of processes being used doesn't add up to usually more that 20%, however cpu usage shows 100%. There are no inividual process that is being showed that is utilizing the processor. Virus scan, ccleaner, Malwarebytes and super antispyware doesn't show any active threats. Msconfig set to boot only the essential services doesn't fix. Safe mood work fine, so I kinda thinking it isn't a hardware issue. Windows update is current. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:21 AM

Did you try a system restore?

#3 FluffyPup

FluffyPup

• Members
  • 194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 AM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:33 AM

Vybz,

I had this issue. I experience extreme hardware failure as a result of the heat generated from the CPU. Over $2,000 in damage. If you don't know what to do, I would shut the computer down until you have a course of action. Use another computer to research what needs to be done. Keep the computer shut down as much as possible. Nothing good can come from running your computer in this condition.

I also had issues with Kaspersky. My recommendation from my experience would be to download Avast anti-virus to your desktop. Avast is free and remarkably works great. Unistall Kaspersky. Then install Avast. This did "help". It did not solve the problem. Getting the heat issue under control is critical to the survival of your computer.

#4 Vybz

Vybz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:38 AM

Did you try a system restore?

I tried system restore, but when I checked there were no available restore points.

#5 Vybz

Vybz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:39 AM

Vybz,

I had this issue. I experience extreme hardware failure as a result of the heat generated from the CPU. Over $2,000 in damage. If you don't know what to do, I would shut the computer down until you have a course of action. Use another computer to research what needs to be done. Keep the computer shut down as much as possible. Nothing good can come from running your computer in this condition.

I also had issues with Kaspersky. My recommendation from my experience would be to download Avast anti-virus to your desktop. Avast is free and remarkably works great. Unistall Kaspersky. Then install Avast. This did "help". It did not solve the problem. Getting the heat issue under control is critical to the survival of your computer.

I will try removing Kaspersky and installing Avast. Thx. ( keeping fingers crossed)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users