Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I can't uninstall a program

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rlight

rlight

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

I am not sure how a program called Eraser Project ended up on my computer, but I want to uninstall it. However, it will not let me uninstall. The program is Eraser.heidi.ie. Any suggestions on removing this?

rlight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

If the program is running in system tray, (next to the clock) right click on the ERASER icon,(it looks like a red circle) click exit. This will stop the program from running. Next go to the control panel, uninstall a program, click on ERASER in the program list, click uninstall. Or you could choose to do a system restore instead to remove the unwanted program.
Do you have any registry cleaning tool or any system utility tools installed? Such as, CCleaner. If not, you may want to download and install CCleaner once you have removed the unwanted program to help clean up you system. Here's the link.
http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/3000-18512_4-10315544.html

Edited by Nephilim1955, 07 March 2012 - 01:03 AM.

#3 rlight

rlight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:23 PM

CCleaner removed the program. Thanks for the help.

rlight

#4 Nephilim1955

Nephilim1955

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:24 PM

Great! Bye now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users