Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ms Excel & Page Breaks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 garnetwr

garnetwr

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:21 PM

It use to be that printing a particular document I have would print on one page - now, that same document, prints on four pages. My spouse claims she changed nothing; however, she may have inadvertantly. I've searched the Page Setup and it is fine. When I click Print Preview, the information I usually print is contained within a white box with a blue border... the rest of the cells are all grey.

I cannot figure out why this one page document suddenly want to print on four pages... it's as though I am attempting to print on poaster board.

Can anyone suggest a fix here?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tos226

tos226

BleepIN--BleepOUT

• Members
  • 1,574 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 11:16 PM

Just four? :thumbsup:

Couple possibilities of what causes such surprises - not a fix, just ideas.
- Adding data that doesn't fit, though you say you didn't. Typed spaces, instead of deleting cell contents, are data, don't forget.
- Adding borders or colors all across the board instead of a small range - people do that often, color pink entire row or column and add borders all across the board
- Change of printer or font - some fonts look ok in print preview and don't fit on a printer page
- Data that you think is not there may well be in the lower right corner far away from what you think is there - try View > page or something similar so Excel can show you where it'll page.
- Changed page setup reduction from some number less than 100% up

If you can't fix it, copy contents to another sheet and reformat. It often reduces the size of file and is a tipoff that a huge range exists where it shouldn't.

I don't follow "the rest of the cells are grey", nor the "blue border".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users