Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Building a remote support solution

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boxsta

boxsta

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:42 PM

Hi all,

In a nutshell I want to create something like Teamviewer so that I can access customer PC/Servers etc, preferably for free. When I say free, that's not because I'm tight or anything but I want to have a go at trying to create some sort of remote support software that I can put my own company logo on.

Now comes the sticking point! Programming is not one of my stronger points, so starting from scratch is going to be a no-go.

Ideal scenario would be a tutorial showing me how to do it all from start to finish with some open source software. I dont expect I'll be that lucky but with the wealth of experience on here I'm sure you guys will be able to help.

The only thing I must be able to do is unattended access and it must be easy to install client side by customers.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by boxsta, 06 March 2012 - 04:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:08 PM

why would you need to? theres several software solutions, including windows live, that already give you that capability. Personally, I dont like the concept of remote support, I wouldnt trust my computer to someone I barely know over the internet-and I dont ask others to trust me with theirs, I do all my repairs on the computer on site or in my home work area.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

Since you say you're not cheap, what about licensing an existing client that lets you brand it? This way if you have any support issues you can rely on a knowledgeable team instead of being 'dead in the water' doing your own troubleshooting.

I too wouldn't allow anyone to remote access into my machine. Any business with any sort of liability or confidentiality requirements would be wise not to allow it either. Not to mention the risk you're putting yourself at by gaining that access. You would become a 'person of interest' should anything happen to a clients information after you had remote access.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users