Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Router Problems No Wireless

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Beth102

Beth102

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:36 PM

I have a Netgear router, Wireless-N 150 Router WNR1000. I got this through Comcast cable company. It is NOT working. I disconnected the modem and router to reset them and it didn't fix the router. My internet connection is fine so when plugged directly into the modem I have internet, it is just a problem with the wireless network. I was told I can pay $5.95 a month for support, or buy a new router then the router company will support me. I am thinking that the router isn't broken but it is just a matter of going to the Netgear web site and typing in things...I remember in the past typing in admin and password and doing things at the wireless router's web site. There are instructions at Netgear but they are not written and it is like a tutorial that goes so fast I cannot write down the detailed instructions.

Is there something wrong with the router itself or is it the connection that I have to go in to the web site and edit the info for the connection. I am thinking it is the latter. When the router is connected the wireless sign is lit but the little sign under it that looks like an i with a c around it is NOT lit. Does anybody here have the knowledge and instructions for setting up the Netgear router?

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:08 PM

I have a Netgear router, Wireless-N 150 Router WNR1000. I got this through Comcast cable company. It is NOT working. I disconnected the modem and router to reset them and it didn't fix the router.

Hi -
For a start it is working, what you mean is the wireless part is giving you problems -

Is this "costed reply" from your Internet Service Provider that issued the router, or an outside company ??
Normally your ISP will provide support for the router that is supplied with your contract, and you can call them for help with this (Free).

If they (Comcast) provided it as part of your "deal", and helped you to set it up, now there is only your wireless password missing from what I can read -
You may need to sit on the phone (usually a freecall) for 10 mins to get an operator (grab a coffee first) but they should fix this quickly.

Has this been a long time problem (since you joined Comcast) or is this just a recent problem that may have other causes ??
Your ISP is usually the first call for these problems, then contact us after they give you their final answer -

Thank You -
P.S. - This may be moved to hardware or another area, just because it is not a Windows7 specific problem -
EDIT -
A Detailed Description of N150 Wireless Router WNR1000 Setup Manual - From Netgear

Edited by noknojon, 06 March 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#3 Beth102

Beth102
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have already contacted my internet provider they will not help me and neither will Netgear. I have to pay $5.95 a month to get help with the wireless. If I buy a new Netgear router on my own they will support me.

#4 Beth102

Beth102
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

Thank you for the instructions the only one I found was like a video that went to fast for me to take notes. These instructions should help me fix the problem I hope.

Thank you so much.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:27 PM

check on the back/ of the router to see if the IP address is there ,if so type it into internet explorer and that should take you into the setup of the router , OR
also there should be a small reset button on the back of router ,you use a straighten paper click to push the button in and it will reset the router ,like video in this link .if it doesn't reset check option 3 in same link
http://kbserver.netgear.com/media/flash/training/Troubleshooting/NG_WGR614V9Router_TS_LostPassword.html

Edited by caperjac, 06 March 2012 - 04:29 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 jason3sk

jason3sk

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:39 AM

while fixing this issue with netgear router you might want to reset the router and setup it . just connect the netgear router with mode and open the setup page . for all other steps visit this blog http://fixingblog.com/fix-netgear-router-blinking-orange/ see if this gets your issue fixed . it did work for me '

#7 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 PM

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:33 AM

while fixing this issue with netgear router you might want to reset the router and setup it . just connect the netgear router with mode and open the setup page . for all other steps visit this blog http://fixingblog.com/fix-netgear-router-blinking-orange/ see if this gets your issue fixed . it did work for me '

you might want to check on the date of threads before post , this one is over 4 years old ....and I hope most users have gotten a nice new router by now .TY

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#8 fixotip

fixotip

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 14 March 2018 - 04:44 AM

Did you check the wireless channel and broadcast settings. if channel broadcasting is off, i will suggest you to turn it on. 

Sometimes, people are having wireless issue with their netgear router, just because of outdated firmware. so please make sure your router firmware is up to date. 

Also you may reset the router and setup it again. for more information about netgear router reset and setup, you may visit: netgear router blinking orange problem 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users