Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE9 issues in Window 7 starter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Londalou

Londalou

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Hi. I hope this is the place to get help and answers. I have been having issues with my laptop. I have Windows 7 starter and on IE9. I have been running in circles trying to solve. When I am on a website, for example, facebook. A pop up message would pop up when the site is not responding. It would say "Facebook.com not responding. Recover Page" OR it would say "Facebook.com not responding due to long running script. Stop Script?" AND its not just on the website facebook...its others as well. NOW my latest thing I did...which I am on day 2 of THINKING the problem was solved. BUT I just got the message "Facebook.com not responding. RECOVER PAGE." I did go to TOOLS...INTERNET OPTIONS...to ADVANCED TAB and reset the computer/internet. I have brought in my computer to the "doctor" about a month ago and they cleared all virus and installed programs that I uninstalled. Like the flash player and such. They don't know what causes these running script. SO I know theres got to be something..simple that will solve it. Which I thought was resetting. Someone think it could be the "ADD ONS". I don't know but its not fun to try this or that and stil get on the deadend road. I have uninstalled AVAST this past weekend and put on AVG. I thought that AVAST was csusing the issues. I don't want to bring the computer back to
"doctor" and spend more money on something they don't know what is causing the problem. They had another computer there like mine and they did the WIPE/CLEAN that computer and it came back a few days later with long running script. SO I know that doesnt work. Any advice and answers will do. I have been learning a lot about my laptop...especially all the run arounds :) Have a great day. This is my first time on this site. Recommended by a friend :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:01 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users