Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Edit Right Click Menu?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JXBlack

JXBlack

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

Is it possible to edit the right-click menu on Free Commander?

I have expanded the page because of eye problems and now the "delete and rename" items have fallen out of view amd I use these very often.

Many items in this menu are of no use at all to me.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:41 AM

There are a number of context editor utilities or tweaks you can try. Here's a Google listing you can go through:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/change-the-message-format-to-html-rich-text-or-plain-text-HP001232996.aspx

#3 JXBlack

JXBlack
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for your reply but I don't see anything here relating to editing a right-click menu.

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:01 PM

The "right-click" menu is called the Context Menu

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

there is a registry edit/hack to remove all the unwanted programs in the list ,im not suggestion it as an option for those who are not familiar with editing the registry ,but it can be found with google.com,just google ,

How To Edit & Remove Unwanted Applications From Right Click Menu In Windows

Edited by caperjac, 06 March 2012 - 05:15 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hi

Here is an accessibility tip that I use when helping people set up special Windows interfaces. For Free Commander it would work like this...

In Free Commander click on the file that you are planning to 'delete' or 'rename'
The file should now be highlighted
Move your mouse to an area where you will be able to see the entire 'right-click' context menu if it were to appear there (like maybe the upper left of the screen.
Now press
SHIFT and F10 at the same time.
It should open the right-click menu for the item you selected but it will open it where the mouse is and not where the file is.

Let me know if you need me to explain it better.

James

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users