Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Razer Lycosa Touchpad

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Spyda

Spyda

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

I recently bought a Razer Lycosa Keyboard
i love the keyboard but i have this small problem with it, it has this annoying touchpad at the top right Posted Image
whats annoying about it is when i play games and i have to press the asterisk key or numberlock some of my resting fingers always come in contact with the touchpad unintentionally and its always the turn on/off lights in the keyboard that temporarily disables key functions for like a second.

So my question, how can i disable the damn thing! or do i have to put some tape over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:52 PM

Read this here

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2844845338

Did you install the drivers that came on the disk with the keyboard?

There is a way to disable it via the Razer Lycosa keyboard management software.

Download the driver that matches your keyboard or alternatively install the drivers that came on the disk with the keyboard.
From here you will be able to disable and customise any key.

http://www.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=111&pcid=20&nav=0,77,20
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Spyda

Spyda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:08 PM

Hey thanks for the reply, yes i have all the drivers and the Lycosa Driver Control, sadly you can only customize keys that you can press (anything but the touch pad)

#4 Spyda

Spyda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 02:32 PM

Still open to suggestions before i put a tape over it :S

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,917 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

I actually use an old credit card over the touchpad on my laptop. I prefer using a trackball mouse with it.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Spyda

Spyda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:15 PM

Okaaay lol i tried tape over it and that still doesn't even work still somehow detects touch, what i'm looking for is a driver or something to disable or is this not possible?

#7 Lemony Vengeance

Lemony Vengeance

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

i have one that doesn't work at all. We could trade....

#8 Spyda

Spyda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

how did it stop responding lol?

#9 Lemony Vengeance

Lemony Vengeance

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 09 March 2012 - 05:00 PM

I bought it and it was dead.. the software will still change the lighting.

I put it up on ebay and it's actually selling today!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/220971513128?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users