Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD ATAPORT.sys

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Rellsun

Rellsun

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

Hello everyone I have been getting a BSOD lately. I have uninstalled MSE, MalwareBytes and Vipre and I still have this issue.
stop code 0x0000008E (0xC00000005, 0x835AB487, 0xAED1B75c, 0x00000000)

ataport.sys - Address 835AB487 base at 835A5000, Datestamp 4A5BBF16

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rellsun

Rellsun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:06 PM

Oops I forgot to upload the minidump file. Is these anymore info that you guys need?

Thanks Jared

Attached Files

#3 Rellsun

Rellsun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:47 PM

no one has any answers?

#4 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 PM

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:52 PM

The cause of the crash that produced the attached minidump seems to have been Microsoft Security Essentials, but you have said that has been uninstalled now. Is the system still crashing?

I think we have a good case for collecting some more information about what might be going on here.

:step1: Please follow the instructions: BSOD Posting Instructions: Windows 7 - Vista

(Note: When you run BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.64_jcgriff2_.exe, it will also run autoruns.exe ... and both need to be in the same location!)
... with one exception in the following line:
  • "4. Zip up the entire output folder + PERFMON and attach the zip file to your next post."
The BC forums will allow a total attachment size of only 512 kb (and what you need to attach will exceed this limit). Please upload the zip file to a file sharing website of your choice and and post a link to it in this thread so that we can access your uploaded zip file. I will have a look at the contained information and see if I can shed some light on your BSOD issue.

See the suggestions in the following links for recommendations on file sharing websites:
  • http://lifehacker.com/388284/best-online-file-sharing-services
  • http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/15-great-free-online-file-sharing-alternatives/
  • http://www.smashingapps.com/2008/08/28/5-best-free-file-hosting-services-to-store-your-files.html

:step2: Please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy, and post a link to it in this thread.
  • It is a convenient and accurate way of providing us with details of your computer specifications.

:step3: Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
  • Checkmark the following checkboxes:
    • List Installed Programs
  • Click Go.
    When the scan is finished, a text file will open in a Notepad window.
  • Copy the entire contents of the Notepad window, and paste in your reply.
    (Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.)

AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

#5 Rellsun

Rellsun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:28 PM

ok cool thank you very much

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users