Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Gateway?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tripflex

tripflex

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 05 March 2012 - 11:07 AM

Hey guys so I have been using TeamViewer to work on any PCs that my friends and family need help with but i keep running into the time limitation and it's starting to become annoying.

I've done a little bit of research but haven't found much, figured i would post a thread and see if anybody else already has a good bit of experience with this.

Since all my friends use Windows that need help I figure RDP would be all i need to use...the problems comes when attempting to connect to that IP which as im sure you all know can cause problems when they are already on an internal network.

So what I was thinking was to maybe try and find some open source software I could install on one of my servers that I maintain at a DC that could act as the connection device sorta similar to how TeamViewer does.

Now i have had experience with VNC but have ran into a good bit of problems, I was hoping for something just very simple that i could use.

This could be for Windows or Linux, I have multiple servers so the OS doesn't matter.

Does anybody have any suggestions or maybe can point me in the right direction on how I should approach this?

Thanks for any help!
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

All my research points to Team Viewer has removed Time limits for connections. What is this "Time Limit" your referring to? Are you running the latest version? Is the version your using Licensed or free?
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#3 tripflex

tripflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

All my research points to Team Viewer has removed Time limits for connections. What is this "Time Limit" your referring to? Are you running the latest version? Is the version your using Licensed or free?

Free version, it was limiting the amount of time you could connect to around 5 minutes or something like that. It's been probably 3 months since I have used it.

#4 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,123 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2012 - 02:28 AM

They removed the time limits :)
Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#5 tripflex

tripflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

They removed the time limits :)

Excellent :) Well guess I should have tried it haha...oh well i was intrigued with creating my own "pass through" device. I may do some research into it to see if i can use a server as a proxy to connect to the client using Windows RDP.

Who knows, but if i do figure something out it will be open source and i will post it!

Thanks for your help :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users