Make sure the Windows printer is set to share and the printer's software and drivers are installed on the Mac.
On the Mac:
1. Open "Printer Utility."
2. Get to the "Add" printer button.
3. Hold down "Option" and click the "Add" button.
4. Choose "Windows Printing."
5. By holding "Option," you should be able to find an "Advanced" choice that is not available otherwise.
6. Choose "Advanced."
7. You should see a line that says "Windows Printer Via Samba.” Choose this line.
8. Enter the name of the printer attached to your Windows machine as seen on your Mac.
9. Find your printer in the list of supported printers (e.g., Epson Photo Stylus 780), and choose it.
10. Find the line that says "smb://".
11. Complete this line as follows if your Windows machine has a specific user name and password that you want to use in printing (in everything that follows use // not \\).
Make sure the firewall is set to allow the mac in.
Edited by Enthusiast, 17 February 2006 - 10:53 PM.