Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Networking

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mackintosh

mackintosh

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 06:14 PM

i'm getting a busy ip host name when i go to print something off my mac notebook, my mac printer shows printing in progress, but it also shows that my IP host name is busy and that my printer will try again in 30 seconds. i don't know what it means when it said my IP host name network is busy or why it said that its busy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

Has it worked it the pasted?
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 mackintosh

mackintosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 17 February 2006 - 09:57 PM

i haven't been able to get my printer to share yet. i'm trying for the first time.

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 17 February 2006 - 10:07 PM

The easiest way would be a MAC compatible printer server. It will plug into an available ethernet port on your LAN. All the computer need is Mac/windows drivers. The other plus is both computers do not have to be turned on.
There are software solutions but I am not familar enough with Mac to recommend one. It will involve a program on your windows computer converting the Mac computer's request to print. It works I just do not know haw to explain it.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 mackintosh

mackintosh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 06:37 PM

all i want to do is share the printer on my windows desktop with my mac notebook. i run a links wireless system and from what i understand is....that i should be able to share if i just click on few boxes. all the drives should be ready to go. i have the printer icon working on my mac it just says that the host network is busy and it will try again, so far i don't know what is throwing a busy signal at my mac printer icon, it shows the print job in progess but the desktop pc is busy???

#6 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:35 AM

See if this solve the problem.
http://homepage.mac.com/william_white/prin...html#_3._On_the

Edited by River_Rat, 20 February 2006 - 12:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users